By BrokebyKids - 06/09/2010 20:26 - United States

Today, my daughter asked for a dollar to buy ice cream from the ice cream truck while I was on my computer working. Out of my wallet she took a fifty dollar bill. The ice cream man got a big tip before driving off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 318
You deserved it 16 361

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she was young enough to think using a fifty is ok, sounds like she wasn't old enough to be going out to the truck alone, so.... yup this ones on you OP.

TaylorTotsYumm 10

CHASE AFTER HIM AND GET YOUR MONEY! Or 49 more Popsicles.. your choice.

Comments

roxyluv 0

eeeh think of it as a donation

Hahaha you're to blame for not managing your own money! Hahaha but that is pretty funny, I wonder what she said after explaining the reaction of the Ice-Cream man.

This one's all on you - if your child isn't old enough to know the difference between a $50 bill and a $1 bill, she shouldn't be going in your wallet, and more importantly, shouldn't be allowed to wander to the ice cream truck by herself. If you can't keep an eye on your kid while you're "working", hire a babysitter. The small amount you would have spent on a sitter today would have been a small loss compared to the $50, plus you'd get peace of mind knowing someone is watching your child since you apparently can't do a satisfactory job of it yourself.

the child could have been old enough to differentiate between a one dollar and fifty dollar bill, and have been old enough to go out to the ice cream truck by herself. it's quite possible the ice cream man took advantage of the situation and drove off before she had time to even think about asking for change. don't be so quick to chastise the mother's parenting skills when you don't know the details of the situation...

If the child was old enough to tell the difference between a 1 and a 50, why didn't she take a 1? If $50 was the smallest bill in there then it's on her for being naive enough to hand an ice-cream man $50 and on the OP for not teaching her better.

You need to put more effort into trolling young padawan. It's almost like you're not even trying. If you want a reaction bring something better than that weak shit bro.

I_have_no_clue 0

It probably wasn't even a real ice cream man. Way to parent, OP! 

samiboy9 0

that's why in Canada we don't have $1bills just coins

I don't think you should be letting your daughter go into your purse or backpack or wallet or any personal luggage at all. Have her bring it to you, and then you get what is needed out of it. Apart from stupid mistakes happening, you are training her not to respect your property.