Giving!

By junior07 - 31/05/2017 22:00

Today, I gave my niece a $100 bill instead of a $10 so she could buy ice cream. When I realized my mistake, she never returned it but thanked me and gave me a big hug. Now I don't have money for gas or food all week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 655
You deserved it 2 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you didn't just ask for your change? YDI

Leviathene 34

Sometimes pride can be your downfall. Asking for the change isn't going to kill you. Admitting you made a mistake is brave and only jerks will put you down for it. I'd speak to your sibling, explain the situation. If they love and respect you, they will get it back from your niece for you. Don't be afraid to ask.

Comments

And you didn't just ask for your change? YDI

Leviathene 34

Sometimes pride can be your downfall. Asking for the change isn't going to kill you. Admitting you made a mistake is brave and only jerks will put you down for it. I'd speak to your sibling, explain the situation. If they love and respect you, they will get it back from your niece for you. Don't be afraid to ask.

This would be less likely to happen in Canada. Each of our bills are different colours

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING, CANADA. STAHP. IT'S NOT FAIR.

The same in Australia. Our $100 are green, and our $10 bills are blue.

Our $10 are purple-ish, and our $100 is light brown/gold. The $100 smells like maple syrup

Another reason to stick with 20's at most. Same result had you lost that one $100 bill. Some places don't even accept them. Alas, a tough lesson to learn. :-( I even keep my 20's separate from smaller bills for that reason, too.

You deserve it for not being careful with your money. You also deserve it for not talking to her parents and getting the money back.

ArbiterOfFML 24

If lack of 100 leaves you destitute you probably shouldn't be giving away 10% of your entire fortune for ice cream.

Yujuni 6

I woulda slapped the shit outta her and got my $ back **** you mean?

So nice of you to be willing to give a little happiness to your niece even though you don't have much. Like others said, it's still okay to ask for change.