By lexyloo - 26/09/2011 01:52 - United States

Today, my boyfriend preferred to delete his account than admit we are in a relationship on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 518
You deserved it 5 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

gunmania0 12

People won't even be able to find the relationship status with the new crappy interface!

So he's embarrassed of you? I think you need a new boyfriend.

Comments

SmittyJA24 26

He's not "in a relationship" with you, OP; he's using you. I hope the sex is good..... for now....

ka8 0

That's what my boyfriend did, and he was indeed cheating on me.

KaskStunter 4

A real relationship is something personal. If you feel you got to share it on facebook admit it, you only want this relationship to show off. It is your boyfriend who should break up with you.

KaskStunter 4

Oh, will please all dumb girls stop thumping down every man who tries to explain why he don't want Facebook's publicity for his relationship?

The problem, No. 96, is that when a man doesn't want to publicly admit that he is in a relationship it typically means one of three things; 1. he is ashamed of the woman he is with 2. he has led her to believe they are mutually exclusive when in fact he has other women who he is treating similarly 3. he has led her to believe that they are mutually exclusive and they are at this moment but he wants to make it easy to cheat on her so he keeps her under wraps to give off the false impression that he isn't seeing anyone Updating your Facebook status to reflect that you are in a relationship is not really all that personal and that fact that the OP's 'boyfriend' won't admit that he is seeing her is a big red flag.

btstig 11

Boooooooooo 96. It's Facebook.

KaskStunter 4

No, the problem is that men, unlike women, take the term relationship very seriously. When a man states that he is in a relationship, it means that he thinks there is a real future with this woman and not just fun and sex. You should be afraid of a man who is quick to advertise his relationship, especially in such a conceited way.