By SadDaenerys - 13/07/2016 20:13

Today, my boyfriend of two years broke up with me because I finished the Game of Thrones books before he could finish the TV show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 435
You deserved it 1 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's a competition or something? You didn't spoil it right?

Comments

Impossible, the remaining ~2 books (The Winds of Winter & A Dream of Spring) have not been published yet. When the author sold the idea to the studios he gave up writing the books to focus on making money on the show, so the 2012 publish date of winds of winter has been pushed back year by year and now we only know it won't be published this year or the next. So, you can't have finished the books since all the books are not even finished being written yet (and may never be).

tarlax 11

It's pretty obvious what she meant. But if splitting hairs makes you feel smart, go ahead.

saffy66 34

Apart from the fact hat more books are intended, I keep hearing snippets about the to show that indicates there are some major deviations from the plot laid out in books (somewhat appropriate considering the number of deviations described as people get laid, in the books), so OP's boyfriend's actions are extra moronic.

Which is better, the book or the show? I'm thinking about getting into it.

Watch the show first, then read the books. Ignore those who say otherwise. The books are so much longer and more involved than the show that you will have far more to enjoy being surprised by while reading the books after watching the show than if you did it the other way. Go ahead, start the binge! If there was ever a show that lived up to the pop culture hype it's GOT.

Did he by any chance get a tattoo of 'You no nothing John Snow'?

Either he's extremely stupid or he didn't want to tell you his real reason for leaving you

The show stopped following the books because there was no more content.

Neither the show nor the books are finished. Now if he is on Season 4, you would be ahead, Winds of Winter isn't out yet in book form, but Winds of Winter is basically Season 6 and the upcoming Season 7...truth be told, does anyone know if Winds of Winter the final book? Either way, technically HE is ahead of YOU.

tell me you weren't throwing spoilers at him as you may have noticed the show is currently beyond the end of the books why did he break up with you because he's illiterate? I feel your pain but face it we live in a world full of non-readers I read this really great Neal Stephenson book and tried to share it with somebody at work you would have thought I left a giant tarantula on the guy's desk