By SadDaenerys - 13/07/2016 20:13

Today, my boyfriend of two years broke up with me because I finished the Game of Thrones books before he could finish the TV show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 434
You deserved it 1 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's a competition or something? You didn't spoil it right?

Comments

Understandable, the risk of spoilers would just be way too high.

Your (ex) boyfriend sounds petty as hell.

To be fair the TV series is now ahead of the books. Unless he hasn't finished series 3 yet you can't spoil it for him.

Okay, looking at BingeClock, it takes 2 days and 11 hours total to watch the show. If you read all 5 books and retained the information in less time than that, that's pretty impressive. If not... maybe he's just not dedicated enough.

mariri9206 32

Why is everyone assuming she spoiled it? Most people don't give spoilers so I really don't understand why everyone is going there.

Your boyfriend is dumb, not just for breaking up with you, but for not knowing there's no way you could have actually finished the series since the last two books haven't even been published yet.

who cares? the show is so wrong anyway.. George loved to crush your dreams, he'll probably kill off daenarys in the first chapter of winds of winter. -thus changing the entire conclusion to the best TV/book series of our generation. all to assert his dominance over all of our lives!

the show is not "wrong," it is its own thing. Were the LOTR movies "wrong" because Frodo was the same age as the other young hobbits? I don't understand why people are always grousing about this. You don't think Martin signs off on ALL of it?

wouldn't matter anyway OP, the show has gone way too far off the books to even be close anymore.

Your doing better than me! I'm still on the second book, and on the 4th season of the show

He had an underlying reason...he was looking for any reason to get out