By amber - 19/04/2012 18:00 - United States - Saint Paul

Today, my boyfriend gave me acne cream for my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 730
You deserved it 4 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's sort of harsh but he's just trying to help you.

hotPinklipstick 24

26- Actually Justin Bieber does advertising for Proactive, which is an acne cream. He has for a while now.

Comments

That's ok my mom once thought tampons were an appropriate Xmas gift. How r u supposed to show that off to people?

Out of curiosity; have you complained to him about your acne? Has he witnessed you becoming very upset about it? If he's not a sufferer, he probably didn't fully understand how his present may have been somewhat hurtful and assumed he was doing something nice for you. I wouldn't take it too much to heart; your acne won't be around forever and that acne cream might actually do wonders. If you really think about it, it's not really any different from buying your mother anti-wrinkle creams.

Interesting way of looking at it! Well spotted ;) OP Is female, there is EVERY chance she has complained about her ance at least 4.5 times in their relationship! When women complain the end up forgetting what they have complained about (thus the continuous cycle of whinging and degrading themselves) so in all honesty he was sick of hearing it! Very unlucky it was on your birthday OP - but it seems as though ur pimples were getting in the way.

I doubt she would have forgotten; I should imagine acne would be one of the top three subjects to complain about via sufferers. I think it's more to do with the fact that she's looking at the situation in a different light. She's already paranoid about her appearance due to the acne, her self esteem would be low because of it, so she'll assume the worst when others also bring her dilemma to light; such as buying her acne cream, as opposed to looking at the positives. Low self esteem can do that to you.

Good boyfriend, he was just making you aware of the problem and trying to fix it. Happy birthday btw.

I Find That More Of An Insult Than A Loving Birthday Gift...

BVBarmyForever 0

Ha, my boyfriend says he doesn't even realize I have acne (and trust me, it's ALL over my nose and half of my forehead)

How thoughtless! He could have at least thrown in slim fast and an exercise video!

bigdude1302 2

Get him Viagra for his birthday.

I used to have bad ance to. But I tried using Dial Liquid Body Soap annoy worked next day I woke up and my face was clear. Give it a shot. You may be surprised I know I was.

You could also try Head and Shoulders as a body soap (use a loofah) for body acne. Its active ingredient pyrithione zinc is useful in treating acne. It helped me when I was a teenager where my case was moderate to severe. It was coming back 5 months after I completed my course with Accutane. It's not for everyone (I heard someone got a bad rash from it and her acne got worse) but it's really cheap and can work great. I wouldn't recommend it for the face though, it just felt weird.

well at least he cares enough to want to help you get rid of it.