Jinx

By Anonymous - 15/08/2017 23:15

Today, I was reversing my brother's car out of a driveway. I turned to my friend in the passenger seat and said, "Check it out, I'm so good at reversing!" Next minute there's a huge bang. I had just reversed into a tree and shattered the windscreen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 258
You deserved it 4 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you think that being able to reverse a car is something to brag about, then maybe you shouldn't be driving... That's sort of like putting your dishes in the sink, then bragging that you are so good at cleaning...

Seriously how can you not see a tree while reversing? It not like they appear out of nowhere

Comments

Seriously how can you not see a tree while reversing? It not like they appear out of nowhere

I would normally agree with this. But I actually backed into a tree once but even though it wasn't really my fault I still hit a tree and have to take responsibility. I was backing up to a downward slope and the tree was growing at an angle on the slope. There was a long broken off branch I couldn't see that I backed into. It was about 2 inches below the top of my trunk. Even though there was no way to see it while backing, I still feel shame 15 years later knowing I backed into a tree.

of course it wasn't your fault.... I'm sure it wasn't the OPs fault either....

If you think that being able to reverse a car is something to brag about, then maybe you shouldn't be driving... That's sort of like putting your dishes in the sink, then bragging that you are so good at cleaning...

You are delusional. Not only are you not “so good” at reversing, you are way below average if you shattered the windshield!

It took you an entire minute to back out of your driveway?

Lobby_Bee 17

You're making me feel like a beginner now. In all 17yrs of driving, I haven't hit any trees. *sad face*

It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come from behind ya

thehaystackerine 20

there's a place in Chicago I've delivered to. Because of the placement of several low bridges, I have to arrive by 3 a.m. (no traffic to speak of) turn onto the street 3 blocks away into the opposite direction, back my 53' trailer up 3 blocks, and around a corner into an ally, between the building, and one of the said low bridges. I'm good at reversing. ?

If I have learned anything at all over the years it is that uttering any variation of the phrase "watch this" before performing an action will result in immediate failure. Sorry OP, but you set yourself up for that one.

Did you forget to hand your friend your beer first?