By thenewgirl - 06/10/2014 23:05 - United States - Jacksonville

Today, my boyfriend and I were wondering whose extra spare key was on the counter when we came home. Turns out it's his ex's and she returned it, while neither of us were home. We're still taking inventory to see what's missing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 085
You deserved it 3 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

giantsfan2010 23

She probably shouldn't have had those keys in the first place...

rieebee 23

Creepy way of returning the key, but she would have to be really stupid to take anything, considering you know she was the one who was there.

Comments

This is why I always change my locks when someone moves out. I don't care how much I trust the person.

I know this is a strange suggestion but, maybe nothing is missing. Perhaps, unlike the majority of the idiot population, his ex just stopped by, let herself in, put the keys on the counter where they would be safe and locked the door on the way out. Strange concept in this day and age, but maybe she was just being honest and responsible.

I think the OP and her boyfriend have a pretty good understanding of his ex. If they knew her as an honest and responsible sort, they wouldn't be worried about her stealing from them.

OP here! I did ask him why she still had they key, he said that he forgot she had one. I'm really confused as to how you forget someone has a key to the house...

I think you should be worrying more about why she has a spare key...

Well at least you have it back right? Unless she made copies to keep trolling you two Change the lock if necessary

If I was the ex, I would have broke in every day while they were out to add things. the conversations would have been hilarious. "When did we get a second salt shaker?" "Who bought cheap hot dogs?" "why do we have so many extra hangers in the closet?" "who left these pubic hairs in the toilet?"

Haha ! Too funny ! But I might be more tempted to leave some sexy panties (ones he wouldn't recognize as my own) or maybe a condom packet (a different brand than he uses) conveniently left only slightly hidden. Maybe a small earring somewhere (again one he wouldn't recognize as mine). Etc ... LMAO

Or maybe she was mature and didn't take anything... If she hasn't done anything in the time since you broke up why would she suddenly come back and do something..