By cupnoodles - 28/10/2012 20:14 - United States - Stony Brook

Today, my boyfriend and I were preparing for the arrival of Hurricane Sandy. I tasked him with going out to buy emergency groceries in case we lose power. He returned with dozens of microwave cup noodles. We're going to starve. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 996
You deserved it 3 930

cupnoodles tells us more.

OP here! My boyfriend bought regular cup noodles, but our building uses electricity for hot water. We ended up buying one of those hot plates, which was a good investment! Although his comment was really uncalled for, speaking respectfully to #1, I think that everyone has their own issues to deal with. We use this site for each others entertainment and to tell others general issues we have as people. Similarly to how you MIGHT post about getting stuck at home from, what maybe many New Yorkers consider, a little amount of snow and saying FML, I am doing the same about about a, what you consider, little category 1 storm. I hope your mood turns around because taking it out on someone you don't know over the internet will only cause a lot of psychological damage to you and potentially someone who is not self-actualized or confident. The area we live in is currently in danger of a power outage, but I think we're ready for it! Thank you everyone for all their warm prayers and so much more! :)

Top comments

A hurricane is a hurricane no matter where it is. People have died already. Plus living in a hurricane prone are isn't something to brag about. Shut up.

corruptedlol 2

That famous Southern Hospitality is really showing.

Comments

Hay hurricane Sandy should be hitting me today.

Lol its ur fault for having a dumbass for a bf.

Good luck with the food op! And #1 don't be such a prick. Your gonna have a hell of a time with karma.

You do know you can cook then with boiling hot water

And if the stove runs on electricity and they don't have a grill then what?

People do not understand that when u live in an area that does not normally have hurricanes people tend to go crazy when one comes.

You know you can boil water on a grill or other burner and pour it in.

To everybody suggesting that she just boil water, you do realize that most stoves and hot plates ALSO run on electricity, right? Unless she has a Bunsen burner and a gas source lying around, it's gonna be difficult to eat those noodles...

billyw02 5

You're kidding me right? "Oh no! My microwave isn't working? How will I ever boil water without it?" Old fashioned, that's how.

Old fashioned - do you mean setting a fire in your kitchen? Most stoves and things like that run on electricity - like the microwaves.