By cupnoodles - 28/10/2012 20:14 - United States - Stony Brook

Today, my boyfriend and I were preparing for the arrival of Hurricane Sandy. I tasked him with going out to buy emergency groceries in case we lose power. He returned with dozens of microwave cup noodles. We're going to starve. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 996
You deserved it 3 930

cupnoodles tells us more.

OP here! My boyfriend bought regular cup noodles, but our building uses electricity for hot water. We ended up buying one of those hot plates, which was a good investment! Although his comment was really uncalled for, speaking respectfully to #1, I think that everyone has their own issues to deal with. We use this site for each others entertainment and to tell others general issues we have as people. Similarly to how you MIGHT post about getting stuck at home from, what maybe many New Yorkers consider, a little amount of snow and saying FML, I am doing the same about about a, what you consider, little category 1 storm. I hope your mood turns around because taking it out on someone you don't know over the internet will only cause a lot of psychological damage to you and potentially someone who is not self-actualized or confident. The area we live in is currently in danger of a power outage, but I think we're ready for it! Thank you everyone for all their warm prayers and so much more! :)

Top comments

A hurricane is a hurricane no matter where it is. People have died already. Plus living in a hurricane prone are isn't something to brag about. Shut up.

corruptedlol 2

That famous Southern Hospitality is really showing.

Comments

If you became that desperate, you could eat them "raw". (I put that in quotation marks because they aren't technically a raw food.) crunchy, but sort of delicious!

Try looking for stores that sell MRE's ( Meals Ready to Eat) They aren't the best at all, but its better than microwave only noodles if you loose power. All you need is water, that should be simple enough with a hurricane on the way.

I eat tmraw noodles all the time,it's like a really good cracker.

ashleyalexis70 6

I live in Cape May. We need get severe weather so this looks insane to all of us. We are surrounded by ocean no matter which way you turn. Our islands are already flooded and were supposed to endure two more days of this. Yes everyone is scared the weather is uncontrollable. If anything, we could use best wishes from everyone rather than a comparison.

OP here! My boyfriend bought regular cup noodles, but our building uses electricity for hot water. We ended up buying one of those hot plates, which was a good investment! Although his comment was really uncalled for, speaking respectfully to #1, I think that everyone has their own issues to deal with. We use this site for each others entertainment and to tell others general issues we have as people. Similarly to how you MIGHT post about getting stuck at home from, what maybe many New Yorkers consider, a little amount of snow and saying FML, I am doing the same about about a, what you consider, little category 1 storm. I hope your mood turns around because taking it out on someone you don't know over the internet will only cause a lot of psychological damage to you and potentially someone who is not self-actualized or confident. The area we live in is currently in danger of a power outage, but I think we're ready for it! Thank you everyone for all their warm prayers and so much more! :)

Thanks for coming back and clarifying, OP.

Be well, OP. Warm thoughts for you and yours. Red Cross website has good storm-coping directions.

Stay safe Op! I'm from Jersey and my area is suppose to get it tonight. My family has been stressing since yesterday. We got a little taste of the power going out when the transformer blew last night and we didn't have power for 2 hours. Keep your phones charged and have a lot of filter water prepared.So once again stay safe and be prepared! Happy early Halloween!

Stay safe Op! I'm from Jersey and my area is suppose to get it tonight. My family has been stressing since yesterday. We got a little taste of the power going out when the transformer blew last night and we didn't have power for 2 hours. Keep your phones charged and have a lot of filter water prepared.So once again stay safe and be prepared! Happy early Halloween!

hey if you don't want someone to be an ass to you then don't post on the internet because there will always be that one asshole and today that was me. But seriously stay safe and I mean that in the nicest way possible :-)

No problem! The site tends to moderate the FMLs and can sometimes misinterpret what we say. The power was out for a little bit this morning, but we just got it back. Hopefully, it doesn't happen again. Thank you everyone for the warm thoughts! I really appreciate it. (:

To everyone else out there, stay safe as well! To pandalover69, I honestly don't have an issue dealing with assholes, which is why I still continue to post. Thank you, we will stay safe.

Step 1: boil water. Step 2: pour boiling water into soup cup. Step 3: wait until desired temperature then eat

Step 1: Boil Water Step 2: Wonder why the water isn't boiling Step 3: Realize that the power is out Step 4: Get this FML

Step1: Wonder why the water is not boiling Step2: Realize that the power is out. Step3: Go to FML to write about it. Step4: Wonder why your desktop is not running. Step5: Realize that your desktop will not run without power. Step6: Want to write about it on FML and realize "what the heck am I thinking?" after a while.

Didn't see the op's post before I posted. I thought they possibly had a gas stove or even a fireplace

#256, Why would someone have a DESKTOP instead of a laptop?! Lol

If you have a gas stove just boil water and put it in a bowl, simple enough

It's called boiling water. Sounds like he's much better with survival skills than you are.

What happens when the power goes out?

Water has been boiled for thousands of years before electricity.

Does that mean that you advise to set a fire in the kitchen, if need be?