By Anonymous - 17/06/2012 08:50 - United Kingdom - Manchester

Today, my boss gave me a new assignment at work: go online and look for my own replacement, then interview him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 795
You deserved it 2 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stepgurl2011 0

Get the worst possible replacement you can!

cradle6 13

Find the worst qualified people to interview, and then don't hire anyone. While you're doing this, look for a new job. What's your boss going to do? Fire you?

Comments

Be careful when messing w/ your boss. Could be hard to find a job if you only have bad references.

'Interview Him', Hmmm that's sexist and illegal. Report the tosspot, under the 'Sex Discrimination Act 1975' it is illegal to specify a sex in a job requirement. --> Strike #1 #2 Buy 1 dozen eggs and place in a strategic place in the building ensuring all eggs are cracked about 2 days before departure. #3 - Get another job in your employers time.

I have replaced myself twice in order to receive promotions. My boss went about it the same way, " start interviewing for your replacement." Literally the day I hired my replacement I was offered a substantial pay increase and a promotion. Do it, hope for the best and if he tries to fire you claim sexual harassment and you'll work there forever!

liveeee 2

That's horrible don't do it just leave he's a bitch for that

Wow, what did you do? Sleep with his/her spouse?

if you are getting replaced then just quit right now! theres no need to do your boss's job.

bizarre_ftw 21

Find them a shitty worker that looks good on paper

guyfawke 5

just say that everyone you interviewed is unqualified.