By Anonymous - 17/06/2012 08:50 - United Kingdom - Manchester

Today, my boss gave me a new assignment at work: go online and look for my own replacement, then interview him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 795
You deserved it 2 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stepgurl2011 0

Get the worst possible replacement you can!

cradle6 13

Find the worst qualified people to interview, and then don't hire anyone. While you're doing this, look for a new job. What's your boss going to do? Fire you?

Comments

day624 14
TheIchiban 11

Your boss is great at being an asshole. Get revenge by making the interview a pain in the ass.

Maybe he is about to Offer you a promotion? Hence you needing to train someone for your current position.

I'm so glad someone else thought this, too. We're probably being optimistic but the boss would have to be a jerk and a huge idiot to think he could pull something like this and not get called out for it by a tribunal. At best he's likely to end up with a underqualified candidate.

erikabt820 2

I agree..I think he wants to promote you!

That's like digging your own grave, my friend.

perdix 29

Let's hope your wife/girlfriend doesn't make a similar demand on you.

That's constructive dismissal. Quit, then take the company to a tribunal. You'll win easily.

MyWorldAway 0

Find the replacement, Make sure he/she is really beautiful, and VERY UNRELIABLE. Tell them the wrong time and date to start. Then your piece of shit boss will have no one but him/herself to the job.

Does anyone else ever thought of this, Maybe his boss asked him to find a person to replace him then maybe he will Promote him to the next level. Good luck OP

Pretty sure there are four other people above you who have already "thought" of that.

coolbrony12 3

Two options.1: Quit. 2: Find someone who pretty much doesn't qualify at all.