By Colin Jr. - 23/09/2015 13:24 - United States

Today, it's the third week of my dad's midlife crisis. So far he's blown half my college fund pimping out his piece of shit car, keeps texting me meme pictures, and keeps yelling "Savage!" and "Recked!" any time my mom makes a joke at anyone's expense. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 789
You deserved it 1 686

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maryic4ever 19

Once he sees how ****** up the younger generation is I bet he will go back to normal

Comments

The younger generation doesn't need any help ******* things up for people, I think we've got it. Tell your dad we don't require his help

why did it take a post and 13 comments before someone finally spelt rekt correctly? OP and comments 1-12 just got #REKT

worse things could happen not much worse though

Eyalsh 32

OP if you're reading this, my father has entered the 6th year of his "midlife crisis" if you still call it that at this level. and let me just leave the rest to your imagination. take it easy and try to have understanding to why he does those things. it may happen to you or me later, i try to silently learn from it to avoid it. hope it doesn't last that long with your dad. good luck :)

Oh wow! best wishes I feel so bad for you

oh im sorry. YOUR college fund? um. no. thats his money, that he worked for. firstly, any money he puts towards your college is a gift. Secondly, do you understand what mid life crisis means? it means that hes at a point in his lifw where he realizes that hes human and that one day he will die, and that he doesnt want to feel old, he wants to feel young and at ease. rather than being a selfish brat about it, how about you show him some damn respect and help him through this tough, stressful time. because the thought that your life is going too quick is terrifying.

ThePandoricaOpen 18

How do you know that the money hadn't been set aside SPECIFICALLY for OP's college education? The answer is no, no you don't. Get off your high horse.

Hm, I think it really depends on the situation and on the nature of the fund. For example, if the father is using money that his mom put, or if OP has been adding his own money to it, or gifts from his grandparents, or if the type of account makes it hard to get a loan on top of that, since it's assumed the money went towards his school... But even if it really is all his dad's money...he probably told OP that he was going to help him out, so OP made his plans around that. Like maybe OP picked a more prestigious school or expensive program that he might not have chosen if he knew he didn't have enough money. Maybe he just hadn't accounted this unexpected turn of events in his budget, so it has really set him back. I've saved for school since before I was 10, but that was because my parents had already told me they wouldn't be paying for my education. Yes, it's not his money, but when someone promises to help you and then retracts that help at the last second, it can really mess up your plans. However, you're right that maybe his dad is going through a tough time. OP could try to be more understanding and helping towards his father, assuming of course he's been a good father before this. But I really don't think a midlife crisis is an excuse to do crappy things (like I've seen dudes cheat on their wives and try to blame it on their midlife crisis), and using money that was set aside for your child's education doesn't seem right to me.

uhnevermind 24

If someone set aside money and then said "See this? This is for you, so you can hopefully get a good career.", and then made you watch as they spent that money, I doubt that you would be so chill about it. Also, if someone hasn't realized they're going to eventually die by the time they're halfway through their life, they're either incredibly delusional or incredibly stupid. Either way, it's not an excuse to be a massive dick to your kid.

every one of you is a disgrace. get a job and pay for your own bills and show respect to those who raise and love you.

toomanyidiots 14

Would you do the same to your own kid?

people react to things in differwnt ways. ofcoursw you know you will die one day, but the older you get the closer that day is and the scarier it becomes. understand and help him through it

toomanyidiots 14

I think snookylala is just bitter and lashing out at OP. And before they lash out in ignorance, I did put myself through college for a few years by myself from money that I had saved since I was 13. But it is nice to know that if you're ever in a difficult spot with money, family will want to help out at least for some people. And OP, that's ******* terrible. Have you tried to talk to one or both of your parents? Maybe have a sit down and a serious talk with them since that fund should go to your education if that is what they promised.

the answer is know, i have already faced and accepted my mortality many times. but people like most here who don't understand whats happening are sadly the ones who will go through the same thing. facing their own mortality

leogachi 15

@38 If everyone you meet is an asshole, then you're probably the asshole.

Yeah it's a really sucky situation :/ look into loans OP, and see if maybe your mom can put a stop to this. Maybe you guys can help him together?

Was gonna say, if we're spelling correctly it's 'wrecked', if we're doing it the internet way it's 'rekt'. You can just do some weird middle word..

I think three weeks is more than a midlife crisis

It doesn't sounds like mid life crisis... More like a pregnant woman