By Real Life Sucks - 26/05/2015 16:50 - United States

Today, it's been exactly 2 years since I graduated college. I make less money in my full-time job now than I did working part-time in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 166
You deserved it 3 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Taking a pay cut is common when you're breaking into a new industry- you'll be rolling in cash if you stick to your career path!

Comments

JCal585 8

Re-apply for your part time job ;-)

OmgItsCobalt 10

That sucks, OP..... I know student loans are expensive too. Good luck and keep you head up, there are jobs waiting for you!

the struggle really is real this time

Can you maybe get your old job back? You might be better off doing that

It's really sad that so many students work so hard and spend so much time and effort to earn a degree, just to end up unemployed or making minimum wage. We need to make some serious changes America.

I know exactly what you mean. I graduated two weeks ago too and now I make less in two weeks than I did in a week's work without a college degree.

That's strange... What's your major? It could be that the major you selected doesn't pay very well

It took me roughly 2-3 years to break into the tech industry. It's not an unusual thing for college grads to experience. You received a diploma, not a golden ticket to the Chocolate Factory. You will still make much more in your lifetime than a high school graduate, it just takes time.

sad reality. now in days the secretary that's been in the company since she graduated is making more than the guy who just graduated college after 8 yesrs with a masters. she put in something that's more valuable than a degree.....time. you can complain and wait it out to work your way up or you can go somewhere else.