I love rock n roll

By Anonymous - 27/11/2022 14:00

Today, while I was singing a song with my guitar at a college open mic, my eyes started to burn, causing me to tear up and stop playing. Everyone in the audience thought I'd actually started to cry mid-performance. I ended up having to leave the stage teary-eyed and embarrassed myself in front of everyone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 847
You deserved it 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like it would have improved the showmanship of your set, unless you're a Weird Al Yankovic tribute act.

Who opened the can of tear gas in the middle of your song?

Comments

Sounds like it would have improved the showmanship of your set, unless you're a Weird Al Yankovic tribute act.

If you find yourself tearing up at inappropriate times and there’s not a simple explanation, Google “PseudoBulbar Affect (PBA)”… I have been diagnosed with some degree of PBA myself. It means you over-express your emotions - like crying from a song when there’s no deeper psychological issue. It’s not depression, I personally have dealt with depression - Depression is much longer and more emotionally painful. With PBA you go through a relatively quick but over-expression of emotions but except for these incidents it leaves the rest of your life alone. You see a neurologist to diagnose and treat PBA. There is a medication for it but at least in the USA it’s dammed expensive. You can also learn some things that help. For example, when it hits you, stop and don’t try to speak for just a few seconds while you regain your composure. Trying to talk during one of these episodes can be difficult… By the way, one mark of a successful performer is the ability to exercise the audience’s emotions. That is usually associated with being an empathetic person and it’s not uncommon for the performer themselves to be emotionally moved by the performance. Regardless of the cause, this is not the end of your singing…

Who opened the can of tear gas in the middle of your song?