By chipsotopher - 01/03/2016 19:14 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, in my marketing class, we were categorizing musical groups by their age group. Someone asked, "What's a Beatle?" As in "The Beatles". FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 938
You deserved it 1 670

chipsotopher tells us more.

Hi everyone, OP here. Never thought this would get posted. I think the worst part of what happened was that only my teacher one fiend and myself seemed to have noticed. We stared at each other in silence for a bit before I asked my teacher if I could go walk it off. He let me.

Top comments

Wow, what has our world come to?! I get that the Beatles are an older band, but they're perhaps one of the most famous bands throughout the ages.

Comments

Everybody should know the Beatles. Along with the other greats like Zeppelin or the stones

Hey, even knowing the band, the question stands. What IS a beatle? I'm sure Ringo would have a clever answer.

I love the Beatles and none of my friends know them! I feel your pain...

I remember last year or the year before there were all these tweets about how nice Kanye was to let this older up and coming singer perform with him. It was Paul McCartney. Totally blew my mind.

Yeah... I went to high school with a kid who didn't know who the Beatles were. It was baffling.

A similar thing happened to me when my teacher asked if the class wanted to hear music. I said "how about nirvana" and then a student says "what's a nirvana?" I got mad.

stevenbro 6

After the Grammys some obscure rapper wouldn't let Paul McCartney into his party. Time moves on, I guess.

Don't worry op the other day I was wearing a ramones shirt and my teacher made a reference, making multiple people blurt out "who's Johnny ramone?"

Really? FML? Why the hell is this featured

Hi everyone, OP here. Never thought this would get posted. I think the worst part of what happened was that only my teacher one fiend and myself seemed to have noticed. We stared at each other in silence for a bit before I asked my teacher if I could go walk it off. He let me.