By chipsotopher - 01/03/2016 19:14 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, in my marketing class, we were categorizing musical groups by their age group. Someone asked, "What's a Beatle?" As in "The Beatles". FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 938
You deserved it 1 670

chipsotopher tells us more.

Hi everyone, OP here. Never thought this would get posted. I think the worst part of what happened was that only my teacher one fiend and myself seemed to have noticed. We stared at each other in silence for a bit before I asked my teacher if I could go walk it off. He let me.

Top comments

Wow, what has our world come to?! I get that the Beatles are an older band, but they're perhaps one of the most famous bands throughout the ages.

Comments

A few years ago, when I was in school, people knew who The Beatles were but didn't know what apartheid was. A highly influential pop band is not at the top of the list for historical relevance imo.

It's understandable seeing as how he Beatles changed pop culture and music pretty heavily. Apartheid doesn't directly influence our lives, but the actions of the Beatles did. Not an excuse for ignorance, but it does explain it.

I have a girl in my class who didn't know who The Beatles were so my science teacher played a song for her. She insisted that it was crap and he should play some Insane Clown Posse.

lolhailsatan 23

Hey everyone has different tastes!

well if she likes Insane Clown Posse I completely understand her not liking the Beatles. I'm the reverse. But to each their own.

Mathalamus 24

In 50 years there will be an FML saying the same thing about [insert the name of your current favorite top-40 pop artist or band here].

Urpoppy 21

My niece is 3 and she knows "The Beatles". Has your classmate been living under a rock?

Asian Parent: You single Beatle's Let It Be? Why not Let It A+?

umm this really isn't a fml or ydi cause your life doesn't suck cause someone in your class doesn't know the Beatles and because nothing bad really happened to you a ydi doesn't really make sense. like "Yeah that's what you get, someone in your class doesn't know the Beatles" doesn't really make sense.