By charlotte273 - 30/06/2010 09:39 - United Kingdom

Today, in an attempt to save money on waxing, I bought Veet hair removal cream. I also discovered it has the same effect on carpets. Now I have to pay for a replacement. So much for saving money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 260
You deserved it 13 909

Same thing different taste

Top comments

is anybody else kinda worried that people put something on their skin that can cause carpeting to disintegrate?

littlemissdqgirl 8

how did you manage to get it on the carpet?

Comments

idiot. I'm pretty sure even monkeys know not to use that stuff over carpet. Just in case they don't, it says it on the bottle, which is something I would always read before applying a strong chemical to my skin.

how exactly did u get it on u'r carpet? btw that's really creeeepy:S

for everyone asking how OP got it on the carpet, she lives in the UK, some of their bathrooms are carpeted! should of done it in the bath OP =P

Bathrooms in the US can be carpeted too. Just sayin'.

are you so hairy you couldn't distinguish your body hair from the carpet so just put it everywhere?

alfalfa101 0

What ever happened to smooth away or SHAVING!!!

Smooth away doesn't work at all, and shaving doesn't last as long. Stupid answer for a stupid question.

cheergirly16 0

That's ironic lol but at least you won't be hairy anymore! :p

You can remove wax from carpeting with an iron and some paper towels. YDI

OP said she was using veet hair removal cream, which does not involve wax in any way. So Im not quite sure what point you're trying to make.

sallen0046 4

This is just stupid. Why would you use an item designed to chemically cut hair in a carpeted area? Not to mention the last time I looked at a bottle of any brand of product designed for chemical hair removal it clearly stated to immediately clean it off any household surface it came into contact with, and told you what to use to clean it off with. You ALWAYS apply this stuff standing in the tub. If you're not bright enough to read the entire bottle, to apply it only where you want hair removed, and don't have the common sense to clean up accidental spills, you need to invest in a high quality razor for everyone's safety.