By Anonymous - 01/09/2014 14:08 - United States

Today, I wrecked my car because my mom texted me, telling me not to text and drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 624
You deserved it 45 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ironic, but still- you were the one still checking your phone. Next time just put it in "Do Not Disturb" mode.

YDI. You shouldn't have looked at the text in the first place! Get a Bluetooth and use it for calls to be safe. On some phones you can even make texts and have it read you new texts. But in no situation is it ok to look at your phone or read texts while you're driving! If you can't use a Bluetooth then pull over to touch your phone. Better safe than sorry.

Comments

If its not illegal to be texting/talking on your phone while driving where you are yet, it should be. If it turns out you didn't read the text and it was just the noise from your phone that distracted you then you should have known better and put it on silent ahead of time so all your attention would be on the road. Wrecking your car was lucky, someone could have gotten hurt or killed.

where i am, its illegal for anyone under age 21 to be texting or talking on the phone while the car is turned on. its a $250+ ticket

Why only under 21s? I always see old people or business women in expensive cars with a phone to their ear whilst driving. One had a cigarette in her other hand.

im not sure why. maybe they think that by the time youre 21, the average driver had been driving for 5 years and is exprienced enough to be trusted not to look at the phone while driving. though i do see a lot of people of all ages being stupid enough to ne n their phones while driving. i saw a middle aged woman watching a movie on her phone while driving the other day.

YDI. Btw WP8 Phone bluetooth speaker = you can listen to text messages while driving. Twis way you keep your eyes on the road.

cjwayy 22

YDI! Have some self control and don't look at your phone while you drive!

Is there a way to vote YDI more than once?!

Your mum isn't the one to blame for this, YOU checked your phone.

You didn't wreck your car because your mom texted you. You wrecked your car because you checked it. Seriously, why couldn't you just wait til you parked? You're lucky that this is the only thing that happened!

Just because someone texts you, you don't have to answer it immediately.

askullnamedbilly 33

Well, I guess you now finally understand WHY your mum was trying to warn you not to use your bloody phone while you're driving. I hope your car's totaled, because you really shouldn't be on the road until you learn your damn lesson. No text in the world is more important than the lives of everyone on and next to the road.