By Anonymous - 01/09/2014 14:08 - United States

Today, I wrecked my car because my mom texted me, telling me not to text and drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 624
You deserved it 45 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ironic, but still- you were the one still checking your phone. Next time just put it in "Do Not Disturb" mode.

YDI. You shouldn't have looked at the text in the first place! Get a Bluetooth and use it for calls to be safe. On some phones you can even make texts and have it read you new texts. But in no situation is it ok to look at your phone or read texts while you're driving! If you can't use a Bluetooth then pull over to touch your phone. Better safe than sorry.

Comments

lennon_ 16

YDI you should already no not to text and drive. Shame on you.

tool3rdeye 7

YDI. Not only did you choose not to wait, you blamed someone else for your mistake. Go you.

And you actually came on here, expecting sympathy?

nitrog100 21

Did you pick up your phone to check the message, or did it just startle you?

I get in the car... I make sure my phone's sound is off, take my phone off of the clip, put it away, and don't even bother with it until I am safely parked. That way I can't be startled, can't be bothered, can't be interrupted by any kind of text, message, call. You either checked your phone or had it on so that you could hear it going off. You are at fault. YDI

Don't blame your mom, you are the one that answered the text. Take some responsibility for your actions.

Honestly, you shouldn't be texting while driving anyways. It's sucks that you recked your car but that why you obey the law! YDI. And you should be grateful your still alive. It could've been worse

YDI. She may have texted you, but you're the one who looked and crashed the car, retard.

People don't know when you're driving. They text you, and if you are driving, they're probably hoping you won't be reading their text AS you drive. They can wait. If there's an emergency and you need to check your phone right away, pull over, before you create another emergency by causing a car accident. People can die. That's why the whole #x thing was started. So you can let people know when you're about to drive, which is I guess more convenient for people so they know they'll have to wait a few minutes before receiving a response, but really, its all on you, the driver. You chose whether or not to text and drive.

so you shouldn't have checked it anyway...