By Anonymous - 01/09/2014 14:08 - United States

Today, I wrecked my car because my mom texted me, telling me not to text and drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 624
You deserved it 45 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ironic, but still- you were the one still checking your phone. Next time just put it in "Do Not Disturb" mode.

YDI. You shouldn't have looked at the text in the first place! Get a Bluetooth and use it for calls to be safe. On some phones you can even make texts and have it read you new texts. But in no situation is it ok to look at your phone or read texts while you're driving! If you can't use a Bluetooth then pull over to touch your phone. Better safe than sorry.

Comments

That's a big YDI you didn't have to check your phone in the middle of a friggin road

FYL because I know the struggle of having a mom who texts you knowing you're driving. YDI for checking it whilst moving.

Daniel589 7

You the only one to blame OP for checking your phone while driving..

Cookiee04 15

why'd you check it while you were driving?

Well you were the one who checked the text in the first place sooooooo.... it's your fault.

ndnpride88 25

You should've have just listened lol

You don't have to check your phone the instant someone texts you. YDI for not waiting until you were stopped to read the text.

I love how you blame your mother for your own mistake. You didn't have to look at the text or you could have pulled over before reading the message. Own up to your mistakes, learn from this and don't do it again. I'm just glad you didn't kill anyone or yourself for that matter.