By Anonymous - 18/03/2013 18:42 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I woke up with a giant red rash all over my face, so puffed up that I could hardly open my eyes. The doctor said it was probably from some of the compounds found in most makeup. I'm just getting into theatre and have auditions coming up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 186
You deserved it 4 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just audition for the part of the half dead zombie. Problem solved.

Hmm.. I was a little to quick to assume OP was a girl xD

Comments

Just audition for the part of the half dead zombie. Problem solved.

chelsearenaeee 16

You know nothing about theatre. Lol

He can't just audition for any kind of role, it depends on what the production is that determines what he auditions for.

chelsearenaeee 16

You have to wear makeup for EVERY role people. A zombie would have ten times more makeup than natural makeup.

14/17, it is called sarcasm. Some people say it's the lowest form of wit, but I enjoy it. You should learn.

Wow it was a joke. I know how theatre works and didn't honestly expect OP to go out searching for Zombie roles. I'm sure that OP will find a solution better than mine. Chill out people.

29, I know what sarcasm is, thanks. And I know it was a joke.

chelsearenaeee 16

Panties in a bunch around here

You call upon sloth, and he shall appear.

Are you sure? Because you seemed pretty serious.

I am quite sure, 58, that if you call upon sloth, he shall appear. Although I also am serious. So yes and no.

OMG SLOTH! Would you like a baby ruth? (hope I've got that right)

okay everyone has to wear makeup in theater

You could audition for some kind of monster role where you have to do your makeup all red and puffy! Then they'll think you're a pro. Oops... 1 kinda beat me to it. My bad.

If they ever re-make The Goonies...you can audition for Sloth. What a Legend!

Wow FYL Op. I'm sorry but I doubt there is much you can do but take medication and hope it heals in time for the audition. Or you could try explaining what happened and maybe they will have sympathy. :(

Bliss391 7

You should have head shots to show that this isn't the way you look all the time. And hopefully they will be concentrated on you acting skills than your rash. Good luck op!

You do realise that actors need to wear a lot of make-up while on stage, filming etc I hope? Even if OP will be picked, he will still have a hard time as an actor, for he won't be able to wear most make-up.

Bliss391 7

Well I'm guessing that this isn't the first time op has wore make up. So she probably changed make up brands or something. I had the same thing happen to me.

Op is a guy first of all, and second, the doctor said the compounds are found in MOST makeup.

spiritfang11237 16

most, not all. some brands (more expensive, i admit, than what you usually find in a store) are available with different compounds.

X_Codes 11

What 80 said. It will require shelling out a bit more, but there is makeup out there that OP will be fine with wearing.

Hmm.. I was a little to quick to assume OP was a girl xD

You could play as Oedipus and make a very convincing eye-stabbing.

lucyy123 14

But your a guy...lol so just don't wear make up and put on masks instead

In plays and musicals, even the guys wear makeup, because of the bright lights, so OP couldn't get away with not wearing it.

7- Discriminate much? Oh Lucy, it's "you're".

61 - That guy has more makeup than visible, natural skin.

So Freshpie, I ask because this is the second time I've seen it; is it just your thing to argue with yourself?

74, I've seen FreshPie do that in several comments, so I'd say it is their thing.

Part of acting is to focus on what is said and done and push all distractions aside, including your rash. As long as you're talking about a high school play and not a professional play, you're good, because in high school, they focus more on talent, while professional plays focus on talent, experience, and appearance.

Well, even in a high school play OP will probably not get picked as prince charming..

Rebi3144 8

It also depends on what make up company you're using OP. My drama club uses Ben Nye, and we have never had a problem with rashes. The most "rash" related thing would be acne break outs if the skin wasn't properly cleaned afterwards. You might want to look into Ben Nye if you haven tried it already.

This could work in your favor, OP. Audition for a person dying of some horrible face swelling disease!

Good thing for OP, nearly every movie has one of those in 'em now

sugarshane007 20

Just medicate up with a Benadryl drip. Honestly, being highly medicated will just make you like most of Hollywood, so you're on the right path!

I get bad allergies twice a year, still don't know what from. I will get rashes and swelling. In addition to benedryl, my doc gives me a steroid shot with a pack of steroids to follow up with. It's either a 5 or 7 day course, I can't remember. Kind of like a z pack for steroids instead of antibiotics. Works like a dream. The shot usually has most visible symptoms cleared within 24 hours. I also have a lot of pain when allergic reactions kick in from the unknown autoimmune thing I have going on. Midway through the pack, the pain is gone. Worth asking about. And see if you can find some hypoallergenic make up or makeup that at least doesn't contain what you are having the reaction to. I'm sure you thought of that part already, but its worth mentioning just in case. Gl.

Schizomaniac 24

You're probably referring to a Medrol dose pack. 6 days, 21 5 mg prednisone tablets. Never had one myself but we give a shitload of them out at the pharmacy so they must be pretty effective.