By Anonymous - 18/03/2013 18:42 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I woke up with a giant red rash all over my face, so puffed up that I could hardly open my eyes. The doctor said it was probably from some of the compounds found in most makeup. I'm just getting into theatre and have auditions coming up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 186
You deserved it 4 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just audition for the part of the half dead zombie. Problem solved.

Hmm.. I was a little to quick to assume OP was a girl xD

Comments

Wizardo 33

Visit a dermatologist, they can give better advice and look into a invest in some organic and hypoallergenic make-up OP ;D

Go for natural and hypoallergenic products. Failing that, get makeup specially made for people with sensitive skin/redheads/pale people. Those are the things that tend to be gentler on your skin. I used to think I was allergic to makeup, but I just needed something a bit less harsh. Sometimes, the thing that made my skin sore was perfume in some makeup. Always check the ingredients for perfume! Dainty doll is a very gentle brand of makeup. If you have sensitive skin, you should always do a patch test before applying a lot. Put on primer or moisturiser before you apply makeup, it helps a little. Remember to wash your face really well afterwards and let your skin breathe as much as possible. :)

Well, If the next Dr. Dolittle (?) lobster lady role pops up again. You're perfect! :D

Well he did say "probably." So lets hope its not!

katmeowski 5

My sister has the same problem - she's allergic to stage makeup but she's a very active drama student! Like people have said before, if you use good quality natural make-up it shouldn't be a problem. If you act in plays often it would be a good investment to make!

ironik69 31

You, sir, shall become best friends with benadryl.

ilovera 7

Maybe buy a better quality make up