By Anonymous - 18/03/2013 18:42 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I woke up with a giant red rash all over my face, so puffed up that I could hardly open my eyes. The doctor said it was probably from some of the compounds found in most makeup. I'm just getting into theatre and have auditions coming up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 186
You deserved it 4 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just audition for the part of the half dead zombie. Problem solved.

Hmm.. I was a little to quick to assume OP was a girl xD

Comments

You know what would cover up that rash really well? some makeup

I have allergies to make up too... The dermatologists can usually give you a list of make up that is non-comedogenic and fragrance free. They won't upset your skin. Neutrogena and Almay are very good brands at cheaper prices than department stores. Good luck!

Get better makeup. Even hyper allergics can still use some brands. Try chanel, Dior, etc.

People allergic to peanuts don't work at the Jif factory, that's for sure. Maybe this potential allergic reaction is life trying to tell you this ain't where you're supposed to be. If you're totally convinced otherwise, then yeah, FYL

I have a severe latex allergy and I was involved in theatre for 3+ years and they were pretty tolerant of my allergy. I couldn't use certain props or glues and I even had a bad reaction to spirit gum - I'm not sure if latex is in it - but my directors were actually very supportive of keeping my allergy under control. Any substitute that could be made was made. If you're allergic to some makeup, talk to your administrator - they may be able to have alternatives for you. If not, then it's not the end of the world. Theatre should be 75% acting and only 25% makeup, costumes, and props. If you love acting, by all means, do it!

You don't need makeup for auditions. Hypoallergenic makeups and medications will solve your problem, when you'll be on stage. Don't panic.

Try out different makeup brands to find out what works out with your skin! Good luck OP!

Take benadryl like an hour before you apply your makeup.