By Sam - 18/01/2010 17:05 - United States

Today, I woke up to find my freshly dry-cleaned $200 suit not on my bed. Instead I found my drunk ex-girlfriend. Not only did she break into my house, she decided that she wanted to sleep in my bed and threw my suit into the trash. I have a job interview today and the garbage men already came. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 411
You deserved it 3 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

how could you not wake up to someone randomly breaking in and sleeping in your bed

You didn't get the locks changed after you weren't successful in reclaiming your key from her? Not smart. Yes, get a restraining order, and you definitely need to take her to Small Claims Court to recover the price of your suit. I think you could find some info on how to do this at the Nolo Press Website or in some of their publications.

as a girl / ex-girlfriend who also often drinks, i can see the wanting to sleep in your bed thing happening. but not only removing your suit from the bed ... not only throwing it away ... but throwing it in the trash *that has already been put out on the curb*?? no way. WAY too much effort. inexplicable. i call fake on this one.

YDI... I'm sure that the cardboard box you live in is pretty secure, but if you wanted to protect your precious belongings, try not to have trashy friends or at least put the flap down when you sleep.. & what the ____ are you doing surfing, when you should be out for the interview.. If you have the skills, I'm sure no one is going o notice that you did not wear a suit... Unless that suit would've hid a large stain on your shirt..

Comentator 0

Stick it in her a$$...it will make you feel better... By the way YDI. You should have had better locks to keep out drunks or do people in Virginia not lock up when they go to bed.

I agree with most fo the comments. It doesn't even make sense. First off, either she's the stealthiest drunk in the world, or you are the heaviest sleeper in the world to not have woken up at some point during what must have been a commotion. Second, did your drunk ex girlfriend throw your suit in the trach and then proceed to carry the trash to the curb? Or do you have full service garbage collectors that come in to your home to get your trash? Do you generally get a suit pressed, lay it out on the bed, and then proceed to go to sleep for the night on said bed, not expecting the suit to get wrinkled? You're a loser, and I call FAKE PS: OP, if by some insane series of events this is a true story, I'm sorry for your luck, and I'd be calling the police. She's a nut.

oops, typo! I can't stand it when I do that. I agree with most OF the comments, not fo lol.

Ultimate_Cynic 0

Give that bitch a choice, OP - she gives you the money for a new suit and busts her ass to set up a good job interview for you, or you press charges for B&E. Show no mercy.