By Briscuit - 01/06/2012 21:05 - Canada - New Westminster

Today, I went to the hospital for stomach pains, and was told that it sounds like I have an ovarian cyst. My mom went into a rage, screaming that I'd lied to her about being a virgin. Despite the doctor explaining that sexual activity has nothing to do with it, she refuses to believe him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 271
You deserved it 2 001

Briscuit tells us more.

2- My mother did eventually understand you can get it while still being a virgin. She thought the doctor was covering for me so I wouldn't have to tell her I was sexually active. When we got home we looked up articles and I proved it to her. Either way, I'm still going to be in a crap load of pain when these puppies burst if they decide not to remove them...

Top comments

So she believes the doctor's diagnosis but not his explanation? Sorry OP hope your mom comes around soon.

I'm sorry about your mum! Get better soon!

Comments

kittenvks 11

Bwahahahaha oh the irony! I found no humor in the original post, only irritation at OPs batshit crazy mom, but YOU madam have turned this particular FML around for me! Thank you :)

Maybe you should tell her it's a hereditary thing that came from her side of the family and vehemently blame her for giving you a disease....not that it is hereditary or a disease, but maybe your idiot for a mother will stop treating you like scum.

MsMeiriona 2

Pretty sure you can be genetically predisposed towards them, actually.

Luckily stupidity isn't genetic. Get well soon.

Stupidity isn't genetic...? :O I thought it kind of was... Do you mean ignorance/lack of education? *crosses fingers that this comment isn't accidentally ironic*

the_anti_hipster 7

Ehhh, I don't know about that. Look at the Kardashians. There's a whole lot of stupid in that gene pool...

BunchieRules 31

It would seem that way, as more and more stupid people are breeding and teaching their children to be stupid as well. But, who knows? Maybe it is hereditary, and only recessive.

Dad must have told her about the condom he found on the kitchen floor.

Okay I'm sorry but I'm truly embarrassed to be living in the same country as your mom , holy cow she is a moron ,

What does living in the same country have to do with anything?

She is just expressing the message that she would want to be as far away as possible from a person like that.

ABbaby 10

Wow, your mom's priories were definitely skewed on this one.... FYL and get hope you have a speedy recovery, OP.

I find it kind of funny that your typo says "priories," which is another word for a place where nuns live, and this FML has a lot to do with OP's celibacy (at least in her mom's eyes).

ABbaby 10

Oops, I meant *priorities

Oddly enough I had to explain the exact same thing to a mom one time... Then she got herself arrested for assaulting me in front of police officers because ''If I was siding with her teenage daughter I was obviously a dangerous pedophile trying to seduce her''. I love my job.

Oh my!!!! D: I hope she got her ass handed to her for that.. You'd be just doing your job, after all. God, some people can be so idiotic, and aggressive! :(

GhettoMuzick 0

Okay so yeah her mommas kinda nuts in the head but why does everyone gotta hate on her? My momma does dumb .. Haha really dumb things sometimes but doesn't mean she's a complete idiot. Just human :)

Be as it may, if she is more than willing to ignore logic and reasoning from a person with a medical degree..

GhettoMuzick 0

Yeah true. My mom told the doctor he was wrong one time and turns out she was right. But I guess this is more common knowledge. Haha just sticking up for the mom though that's all

Fair enough. ^_^ Though I can see from both the teen who thinks she has a psycho mother (I have one of those psycho-religious ones) and the mother who just wants to protect her child (I have kids myself). What they need is more trust and communication.

GhettoMuzick 0

Wow. I stick up for a mom and I get all thumb downs. People have changed.

rttr 18

It's because the way you say it is very unintelligent. also doctors are more likely to be right then mothers. Unless the mother is a doctor or the doctor is not very smart.

perdix 29

A likely story . . . from the doctor who's porking you ;)

Sounds like my 'mother'. +_+ Not cool.