By dyingtinkerbell - 18/10/2009 11:14 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I went to my company's HR manager to ask what the procedure was to file a sexual harassment complaint since my boss exposed himself to me. His response was that the procedure is to "get over it." And he went back to reading. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 871
You deserved it 4 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

letitbe56 0

I don't know anything about Australian law, but I suspect it's illegal for him to ignore your concerns like that. Talk to a lawyer--at very least, the company should transfer you to another department so you don't have to work with your current boss, if not fire him.

xtremelifter 0

The heart of the issue is that she was shown something that she didn't want to see in the first place. Sexual Harassment isn't a "suck it up and get over it." Once you see something like that u can't unsee it. Seek legal help and charges filed against him. Apologize for that having to happen.

Comments

Turnip_Girl 0

As the sensible people here have been saying, if you've got proof, get a lawyer. Loving that spy pen idea, though!

Hire a lawyer, no one should have to deal with that.

Wrong. It's illegal for her to record that and use it in court without a warrant. If she tried, the tables would be completely turned and the lawsuit would be against her. Then again, women 'expose' themselves all the time, but if a man ever tried to do anything about it, he would actually be charged for sexual harassment, because he was looking at her.

This is where the Internet comes in handy, OP. Also, lawyers.

erinashleeburns 0

what a jerk he should be fired!!!!!

Now get them both in trouble. Or the next time your boss does it throw coffee on him. And then go to the HR manager and do the same, though you'll probably only be able to throw it on the latter ones face. Not as much fun.

this might eventually result in me becoming a flasher >_>

AndreaHatesYou1 0

Cool, now you get to sue two people instead of just one.

this is the funniest thing i've ever heard.

Next time your boss exposes himself to you, point and laugh.