By dyingtinkerbell - 18/10/2009 11:14 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I went to my company's HR manager to ask what the procedure was to file a sexual harassment complaint since my boss exposed himself to me. His response was that the procedure is to "get over it." And he went back to reading. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 871
You deserved it 4 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

letitbe56 0

I don't know anything about Australian law, but I suspect it's illegal for him to ignore your concerns like that. Talk to a lawyer--at very least, the company should transfer you to another department so you don't have to work with your current boss, if not fire him.

xtremelifter 0

The heart of the issue is that she was shown something that she didn't want to see in the first place. Sexual Harassment isn't a "suck it up and get over it." Once you see something like that u can't unsee it. Seek legal help and charges filed against him. Apologize for that having to happen.

Comments

americayay 0

The next response is to file charges against both the boss and the HR manager and take them for everything they've got, ruining the company's image in the process. Odds are, before it gets that far, the entire thing would be settled out of court.

Girls expose themselves in the workplace all the time and expect us guys to get over it. We do.

americayay 0

How do girls expose themselves in the workplace all the time? By the way, the previous suggestion was based on "exposing himself" meaning whipping it out, so if you're referring to girls showing cleaveage, that's really not the same thing at all. I personally NEVER expose myself at work.

bellemisere 0

But still...I say go after them both.

are_ya_serious 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
are_ya_serious 0

depending on what industry you work in ....it's in your head that women expose themselves, women try to be comfortable with themselves and guys like you do nothing but stare cause you have nothing intelligent to say except well they do so why can't I ....jesus grow up....

yourkiddingright_fml 0

You're a real piece of scum MikeHawke, you should get over yourself because you are not worth shit. The best part of you ran down the sow's leg that you father raped to produce you. You can't possibly be human!

It's weird that MikeHawke is in favour of harassing women here, and is screaming "pedo" at everything that moves in another FML...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
tobyraza 0

I immediately remembered The [American] Office: OP: Pam Boss: Michael HR: Toby (Which is epic cuz that's my name)

I work at Dunder & Mifflin too! Our boss is really into exposing himself :( Good thing our HR Toby cares about things! ________________________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99

love_me_dead 0

dunder & mifflin? fail. and michael never exposed himself. the one time pam saw his junk was an accident.

tobyraza 0

Didn't one random guy expose himself to Phyllis? And it's Dunder Mifflin, not Dunder

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
letitbe56 0

I don't know anything about Australian law, but I suspect it's illegal for him to ignore your concerns like that. Talk to a lawyer--at very least, the company should transfer you to another department so you don't have to work with your current boss, if not fire him.

Regular australian law sys that's sexual harrassment, but since this is queensland I'm assuming no one cares. Queensland is considered backward and sexist by most of the country, or at least by everyone I've ever spoken to.

Australian law says thats not a knife, THIS is a knife!

tekcor 2

Ah, I see you've played knifey-spoony before!

Just call the Police. If I was HR I would tell you to do the same.

ohJeeznotme 7
jimgrant1 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway