By Anonymous - 11/12/2010 05:16 - Canada

Today, I went to check if my neighbours were home to return their dog, having looked after her for a few days. I looked in the window and the place was empty. They'd moved house and stuck us with their dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 540
You deserved it 3 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how is this bad? they scored a free dog! you can teach it to kill and steal from the elderly

Comments

If you have their cell phone number, call and tell them that you're going to report them to the cops for animal abandonment unless they come back and get their dog TODAY.

birds_fml 7

Maybe they wanted you to watch the dog for a few days while they moved, so it wouldn't get stressed out or get in the way. They might still be coming back for it.

YDI for not asking when they would be returning from their "trip" when you agreed to take care of their dog...that would have been my first question.

All of the people saying yay free dog, dogs are expensive so great etc. But really these people don't sound like they want a free dog. If it was an expensive, smart, trained, full bred dog w/AKC papers I doubt it would have been abandoned. It is probably untrained, of no monetary value, poorly bred and raised by these abandoning neighbours who are such broke lowlifes that they do this? The dog is probably no prize....

103 you are all over it. If this dog were worth anything the previous owners would have sold it. The fact that it was dumped proves that it has no monetary value and is probably untrained and poorly behaved. If it had any redeeming qualities they would have made an effort to keep it. I am guessing these people got this dog not knowing what a drain dogs are, finanically and otherwise, and dumped their expensive, smelly, pooping, peeing, barfing, barking, humping, slobbering, jumping mistake on the unsuspecting OP before it put them in the poor house and are laughing and screaming "SUCKER" as we speak. If this happened to me I would have called the local animal control officer, who would come to my home and take it off my hands (sorry, don't know if there is such an office in Canada). Additionally this person is connected with the police and has the resources to hunt down and punish the previous owners. Of course that is highly unlikely as I would never have agreed to watch the stinking thing in the first place and it would never have set one dirty paw in my home.

103: Yeah, who the **** wants a dog with no monetary value or AKC papers? It's not like you can train it or anything, and since it's had one [possibly] bad home, it's surely incapable of ever showing any kind of love, affection, or personality. This is exactly why I don't believe in foster homes or adoption for abandoned human kids either-- they clearly have no redeeming value. If they'd been worth anything to begin with, or had bothered to put in a little damn effort to be more loveable, they'd obviously never have been abandoned in the first place, amirite?!