By Anonymous - 11/12/2010 05:16 - Canada

Today, I went to check if my neighbours were home to return their dog, having looked after her for a few days. I looked in the window and the place was empty. They'd moved house and stuck us with their dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 540
You deserved it 3 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how is this bad? they scored a free dog! you can teach it to kill and steal from the elderly

Comments

cwcewo 0

and u didn't notice them moving all thr stuff into trucks n driving away?

They suck!!!! I would never abandon my dogs, they're like my kids! Who could do that? Please either keep the dog or find it a good home! No shelters, please, they will kill it!!!

The OP is under no obligation to continue provide room and board for this dog. It is an animal, not one of your kids. Obviously the OP does not want this dog or this would be "yippee a free dog" and not an FML. Why should the OP foot the bill for an unwanted crap machine? Because strangers in a forum are against kill shelters is not enough of a reason for the OP to take this on. The strangers are not going to kick in money to offset the cost of feeding the dog and taking it to the vet. The strangers are not going to curtail their plans to rush home to walk the dog in the winter or rain, or scoop the poop or clean the mistakes or put up with the chewed furniture and slobber and noxious farts. Take the dog right to a shelter. It's Christmas and plenty of people adopt dogs as gifts. Most shelters are busiest in November and December for that reason and some lower the price on the less desirable dogs (dogs who are older, have problems, have been hanging around awhile or are just plain ugly). As someone previously said, I am guessing this dog is no prize since the OP was not doing cartwheels at the chance to be its owner but it would still have a chance. If it ends up being euthanized this is still not the responsibilty of the OP. It is the responsibility of the people who stuck the OP with this mangy creature in the first place. There are more dogs in this world than there are people who want them. Some of them end up being euthanized. The real culprits are the irresponsible owners who do not neuter their dogs.

ninofrank 0

There's this new place called the dog pound you should try some time

Well at least they gave you a nice Christmas present. Keep the dog.

Once again, for the slow-witted and functioning illiterates; the OP is unlikely to want this dog or she would not have posted in the first place. If she wanted a dog she would either already own a dog or be so thrilled to have gotten this one for free that she would not have posted this as an FML. "Yay a free dog?" I think not. Rather, FML, I am stuck with this filthy, barking, peeing, pooping, smelly, chewing, jumping, humping, slobbering shedding mess which will drain my bank account and require constant attention because I was a sucker. If you take on a dog you are giving up your own life to become that dog's slave. Some people can't live without that because they assign human qualities to dogs and mistake the dog's dependence on them for love and devotion. I guarantee I could hatchet you to death right in front of your dog and all I'd have to do is toss him a steak and he'd be my dog. Dogs don't love. They eat. They follow the person with the food. Some read way too much into that. Conversely, some people can't stand the thought of being trapped in their homes by a dog's crap schedule, having a filthy, doggy smelling home and choking to death on shedded fur. "Dog people" think "non-dog people" are mentally ill but they really just don't want to live in dog dirt, have their money earmarked for things other than Fido's care and feeding and don't want their schedules to revolved around Fido's toilet routine. If the OP doesn't want the dog, then she doesn't want the dog.

Wow.. You don't like dogs do you? Saw you post this like 5 times already. I mean, its understandable that if the OP doesn't want to dog, why keep it. But geez us..

Gee, do you think it's because the feebleminded keep posting "yay a free dog!" over and over again?

doglady 16

Bankrupt, you sure are one messed up SOB. You are wrong on so many levels. Dogs evolved along with our species and depend on us to protect and care for us. If you treat a dog right he is a trusting and loyal friend for life. You don't deserve a dog, you bastard. If you meet your maker and a dog eats you I won't be a bit sorry. kindly bugger off.

wow.. that's some people for ya these days, poor dog, good thing they didn't just leave it locked up in the house..

maybe they took everything on vacation with them. ALIFE TIME VACATION!