By Anonymous - 20/08/2014 22:14 - Sweden - ?kersberga

Today, I went on my first date in 8 years. While we were looking at the menu, the guy said: "So if you're vegetarian, why're you so fat?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 942
You deserved it 8 242

Same thing different taste

Top comments

seprunner 12

Did you say "Because I eat people who make fun of me." then grab your fork and lick your lips?

Comments

ileenefudge 29

I hope you don't/didn't give him a second date. He sounds like an ass nugget. As others have said, I too would have used that as my cue to leave.

Am I the only one who is genuinely curious as to how you get overweight on a vegetarian diet?

Unless she lives off of cheese pizza and potato chips or something

Not everyone gains weight based on what they eat or their lifestyle. Some people eat right and exercise right but are still big due to medical problems. Maybe OP does over eat on junk food or maybe she has a medical problem. At the end of the day it's really no one else's business.

Seems like something Karen from Mean Girls would say. Regina, "Oh my god, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're fat!"

nitrog100 21

Well at least he made it clear as to why it was your first date in 8 years.

Insensitive and rude, but a valid thought that shouldn't have made it out of his head

Order the most expensive meal then sneak out of the restaurant and leave him with the bill ;)

I'd like to see how big of a deal it would be if the sexes were reversed.

I'm pretty sure that people would still be calling the date a bitch if the sexes were reversed.

Very true, yet I'm sure most of the comments wouldn't consist of things like "stick her with the bill", "splash water in her face" and "the world is getting used to being mean". I just don't think people would react like that if it were a guy...but the dislikes speak for themselves so I'll shut up now

What a dick thing to say, and on a first date?! I woulda walked the **** out of there. He's an insensitive prick.

hrpuffstuff69 8

"A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse" I'd just walk away without saying anything .