By PoorCar - 20/09/2009 15:07 - United States

Today, I went on a trip to DC. When I got back I found out my car was stolen. Apparently they didn't know how to drive a stick because it was only 4 blocks from my house and the engine was blown. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 275
You deserved it 2 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Manual is the best way to go. I drive one and my whole family drives one. It's more fun and more economical. Automatic cars are boring and just put me to sleep... And dude, i'm from America, and we're not all fat. I've been stuck around 120 pounds for the past 5 years and i'm 20. And we're not all ignorant douchebags like we're made out to be... I personally don't think that America is "the greatest country on Earth", saying that is just plain ignorant. In some ways it's better than others, and in other ways it's worse then others. Look, I like America, but i'm not one of those people that gets a hard-on every time someone mentions it. And this is my first time replying to someone elses post so I hope I pressed the right reply button.

Comments

America bailed your asses out in WWII even though w didn't have to. you know ther would have been no way you could have done it alone. also there is a lot of Americans that can drive a stick don't judge an entire country on there celebrities and part of there population that's fat. you ignorant ****.

people saying this is not an fml, how good would the story be if he said I came home and my car was stolen? haha that's so funny I wish he would have posted that.

That sucks. But I'm sorry. That's hilarious.

i dont completely feel sorry for you but still sucks. its better than having to spend more money on a new and used car.

I prefer three pedals in my car vs. two. it is always much more fun and I consider it a security device to the pesky theives who only know slushboxes. OP, I am very sorry to hear about your car and wish you the best for sorting everything our. Theives suck and I hope that they get what they deserve! 

moogleluvr 1

If the thief didn't shift, wouldn't the engine just bounce off the rev limiter versus asploding?

Well, it could have been worse, the theif could have known how to drive a stick shift and then you wouldn't have gotten your car back so easily.

The only thing that can really have happened to blow the engine after driving four blocks (Something you dont do even if you just keep sitting at the rev limit for four blocks) is drive in like 2nd gear and shifting down to 1st, or 4th shifting down to 2nd... Not even sure it'd be enough to blow it that quickly to just shift from 3rd to 2nd, the gap isn't that big on most cars and most cars can handle 1000-1500rpm over the rev limit for longer than 4 blocks...

Bullshet 0