By PoorCar - 20/09/2009 15:07 - United States

Today, I went on a trip to DC. When I got back I found out my car was stolen. Apparently they didn't know how to drive a stick because it was only 4 blocks from my house and the engine was blown. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 275
You deserved it 2 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Manual is the best way to go. I drive one and my whole family drives one. It's more fun and more economical. Automatic cars are boring and just put me to sleep... And dude, i'm from America, and we're not all fat. I've been stuck around 120 pounds for the past 5 years and i'm 20. And we're not all ignorant douchebags like we're made out to be... I personally don't think that America is "the greatest country on Earth", saying that is just plain ignorant. In some ways it's better than others, and in other ways it's worse then others. Look, I like America, but i'm not one of those people that gets a hard-on every time someone mentions it. And this is my first time replying to someone elses post so I hope I pressed the right reply button.

Comments

atleast you got it back with there finger prints and DNA :) ... althought thought some one else would try to steal it...

At least you got your car back, sucks that the engine is blown tho lol

cbelle 0

At least you still HAVE a car. Jeeez. Oh, and #36 you're amazing. :)

this is so incredible funny. loser that wanted to steal it.

giggitygoo610 0

or maybe your car was such a piece of shit that the engine blew up just from driving 4 blocks. maybe the thief did know how to drive stick and car just fukin blew up... you never know...

Glam_fml 0

Hopefully your insurance will cover it. It's better than it being gone forever. Oh, and I'm American and a woman and both my cars are manuals. They are just so much more fun! So there are some Americans that are still capable of driving a manual.

JeremytheJackass 0

That's the same thing I would have reported if I didnt know how to drive a standard and blew the engine out. Call the cops, report it stolen, get it back, insurance fixes it. Brilliant.

ihatestupidppl 0

For everyone insulting those who drive automatic: try driving your manual car around New York City bumper-to-bumper traffic for a week and see how much "fun" it is. Spoiler alert: It's not fun. It's annoying. Not everyone is too stupid to learn how to drive stick; for a lot of people, it's just inconvenient. I'll take an automatic car over a manual ANY DAY, I don't care how much extra money I have to shell out for it.

The people who say there are no advantages to driving a stick, well there is one: it feels different. The mechanical properties of an automatic and a stick are completely different. In an auto, the engine does not have any direct mechanical connection to the wheels because it uses a torque converter rather than mechanical contact. In a manual, there is a direct correlation between the wheels and the engine. Thus, you feel that togetherness rather that the slushy feeling of acceleration and uneasiness of an automatic. It's a subtle feel that only car lovers appreciate. DSG and sequential transmission will replace the current manual. They are, however, nothing like your normal automatics. Furthermore, the ENGINE is FINE. The worst is a screwed up the transmission, if not the clutch too. (as #42 stated).

I'm an 18 year old female and as frustrating as having my first car be a manual is, things like this are starting to make me appreciate it. Thank you.

My friend loves the DSG in his Jetta TDI, but as far as I'm concerned, it's effectively an automatic. Is it capable of changing gears automatically? If so, it's an automatic. In this case it just carries a fancy name. I drive stick, but I would prefer an automatic. I don't care what sort, regular automatic, DSG, whatever, but I'm tired of driving a manual car. It has no class and looks very unprofessional.

of course it looks unprofessional when you are UNABLE to drive manual.. just as at least half of all drivers in the u.s. are.. driving manual IS a profession