By John - 02/11/2012 04:13 - United States

Today, I was working in a call center when I smelled perfume. I'm allergic, and it triggered my asthma. When I came back, some jerk had sprayed it all over my work area. I couldn't go near it for the rest of my shift, therefore I had to go home early, and got my paycheck docked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 677
You deserved it 2 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Brutal, OP :( shouldn't get your pay docked for something you can't control / something someone else did.

Jeez who the hell are these coworkers? They're assholes.

Comments

redlizzybeth 25

That is absolutely assault. I have the same issue and there are a variety of colognes and perfumes that I cannot tolerate for more than a minute or so. I have had several issues with co workers spraying it and no one would listen to me until finally someone finally sprayed it behind me and it triggered repeated asthma attacks- (turns out it had gotten on my clothes). After about an hour of painful repeated breathing issues I politely informed my supervisor and Hr that I was having a reactions. I was taken to an emergency clinic and put out of work for three days. After that a policy was made to prevent anyone from spraying any colognes or perfumes or air fresheners.

nin10doadict 9

"If you like the smell, then stick it up your nose!" -Gallagher I personally don't care for perfume either. Axe body spray really ticks me off; I can't stand the stuff.

That was not right if this is not part of your job not only should they pay the money you lost because you were suffocating but who ever did it should be suspended without pay if not fired

Is this call center in Nevada by chance? I worked in a call center and we had the same problem. Especially in the elevators.

pheonixfire13 17

I know how u feelI'm allergic too

pheonixfire13 17

Try having multiple reactions a day because my classmates are ASSHOLES WHO DONT BELIEVE ME

peithecelt 28

so I would go have a chat with your HR officr about ADA compliance if you are in the US.