By kaichennnxx - 17/03/2009 02:09 - United States

Today, I was with my grandma waiting in a line. She only speaks Chinese and there was a black man in front of us talking his phone. My grandma tells me that the black man's really loud and annoying. The man finishes and turns and said fluently in Chinese, "What's wrong with loud black men?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 247
You deserved it 31 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow hardly anyone can speak chinese fluently nowadays.

You know it sounds like Mr. Black man was more annoyed by the fact that granma specifically mentioned that he was black. My grandma doesnt speak English either and she would have said the exact same thing. Has anyone seen that "Professor Badass" picture that floats around the net? Thats the picture I have in my mind for this guy.

Comments

kristineneer 0

Your grandma deserved that one.

I haven't seen anyone say it, so I'll be the first to bring it up. I'm basing my assumption on what I know from my family and my knowledge of the language and culture. Those who keep saying that the problem isn't the fact that she called him a black man: It was most likely the word she used to call him a black man. Chinese people have a word for it. And trust me. It doesn't translate literally to "black person". Other than that, but if I heard someone speaking about me in a different language that I could understand, I would turn around and ask the same thing too.

I know how you feel, I was with my mom, we were some where eating anyways she speaks Mi'kmaq and english so when she doesnt want other people hear what she is saying she speaks Mi'kmaq anyways we were talking about this guy sitting next to us, we were saying stuff like he has a nice ass and everything like little did we both knew, He heard every word we said, he smiled and asked for my number

If he wasn't mad (and who can be with little old grandmothers), this is just another "oh how cute grandma is" story. I have many of them, it's part of the life of spending time with grandmothers.

So..how did your grandmother respond to the black guy?

That is something that really bothers me... when people speak in another language assuming no one will be able to understand based on their race. That's silly. It's the goddamn 21st century, black people speak Chinese too. I am white and fluent in Korean. I was getting my nails done. The 5 women around the area I was in spent the entire time talking about how pale I am and criticizing my style and the color I had chosen, mocking me and basically summing me up to be some kind of vampire or something. They seemed surprised when I didn't tip them, until I confidently said in Korean (the language they'd been speaking) that I am glad I am not as ignorant as they are, because I may have actually tipped them for making fun of me for the past 45 minutes.

summersong89 0

LOLOL. i agree #2 and #100, that's awesome. good for you.