Enough is enough

By Anonymous - 19/09/2015 05:45 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I was confiding in my grandma about how lonely I am and how everything in my life seems to be falling apart. While I was in mid-sentence, she rolled her eyes and made a show of removing her hearing aid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 933
You deserved it 3 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I was like that for a while. My internet friends helped, you'd be surprised how opening up to someone miles away can help. They're really easy to make, too!

Grandmas can be surprisingly harsh for such sweet old ladies

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

then you'd be surprise how bad it actually is for some people

Lizza330 28

I hate when people say that it's not that bad. You don't know anything about OP. Clearly whatever's wrong is enough for OP to need someone to talk to. That's enough.

Maybe #1 was trying to somehow day that for the better of OP. People say it to me to cheer me up sometimes. Before getting onto Beeferjay, maybe think of all the different ways he could've meant his comment.

if I wanted to be a dick, I would be a dick. its the internet, I dont give 2 ***** about what 99.99 % of you say anyway... im just sayin but OP, you'll be okay. read some fmls and keep your head up, it could be a lot worse :-)

I know you aren't trying to be a dick, but that really doesn't work most of the time. It more of ignores their problems and makes them feel like you are saying they don't have reason to be unhappy.

Don't worry about her, you go out and be strong. You can change your own life regardless of what her or anyone thinks. Good luck :)

I was like that for a while. My internet friends helped, you'd be surprised how opening up to someone miles away can help. They're really easy to make, too!

RyRoz 19

Totally agree with you. I met some of my best friends online and I always feel I can talk about a bad day with them anytime and they are always there to hear you out.

Oh, please let this be the same grandma from the post below

That's a creative way to end a conversation

Don't let it get to you OP, elderly can be grouchy. Talk to friends irl or online, or talk to someone else you trust!

I've gone through some hard times in my life, too. I find it's best to talk to a therapist about it. They are trained and educated to offer constructive advice, where as family and friends may become frustrated and not know what to say. They may be dealing with issues of their own and just don't have the energy to think about yours, too. Best of luck.

kylerzz 15

I'm sorry , I feel the same way right now so if you need someone to vent to I'm here!

Wow, your grandmother is an ass. Is it really that hard to listen for a bit?

Maybe she didn't want to be bored to death.. ?