By Anonymous - 06/03/2014 02:09 - United Kingdom - Portsmouth

Today, I was walking through town with my hood up and noticed people giving me funny looks. It wasn't until I got home that I realised the umbrella I was holding over my head had been closed the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 246
You deserved it 16 844

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ileenefudge 29

How did you not notice that your umbrella wasn't open? Isn't that something you would open right away when it's raining?

Comments

Depends on the wind and how hard the rain is falling. If there's no wind and the wind is falling straight down, umbrellas are helpful. If the rain is coming at a slant and it's windy, umbrellas are nearly useless.

Oops-- I meant if the rain is falling straight down. It would be quite a trick for the wind to fall straight down :)

Pancakes017 19

Don't be Mary Poppins for Halloween.

I'm guessing 1. weed is legal there 2. you were ripped.

It says they are from the UK, so no, weed is not legal. They might have been but not legally!

You're thinking Amsterdam. or Colorado. or California. or other places that I can't think of.

braidedsilver 8

Weed is not legal on California. Not really.

Why is everybody looking at me funny? And why am I getting wet?

That is so funny :-) I am sure someone would have taken a photo and published it somewhere :-)

Couple of things, the rain could still blow in your face with a hood. If the hood is not made well, or made of cloth, it'll absorb the moisture. Then again this did happen in the UK, OP. I'm not sure if you haven't realised, but wearing a hood in England is the same as wearing a Hijab in the states. Most people think nothing of it, but some are scared shitless. Disagree? The current Prime Minister, to reduce crime, in an upper class private boarding schooled fashion, suggested that we all go out, find a hooded person and give them a hug. Wearing a hood in England means you're trying to hide yourself from the thousands of cameras per street corner, which are almost never used, which means you must have something to hide! "Hug a hoodie", Google that incase anyone thinks I'm being overly cynical.

you actually took the time to write that

Yeah, it takes a variable set amount of time to write things.

If some random stranger came up to me and just hugged me out of the blue, I'd think they're either some kind of pervert or they're attempting to pick my pocket in the friendliest manner possible. I'd probably be more inclined towards violence to get said rogue hugger off of me. Seems a bit.. counterproductive to reducing crime.

Imagine, what all the people in here dissecting a meaningless mishap could do, if they werent to socially akward to look up from their phones.