By Anonymous - 11/03/2013 01:51 - United States - Portland

Today, I was told I've secured the job I applied for at my local hospital. Being just 19, this is a great opportunity, and I told my parents. They angrily asked if I'd applied just to get access to drugs, then demanded to know how I'd managed to pass the drug test. Thanks for the confidence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 375
You deserved it 2 928

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They need advice so they can pass their drug tests at work.

Comments

perdix 29

Tell them you bought some clean pee on Craigslist, and if they want some Hillbilly Heroin, they'd better be nice to you.

sofitina 20

You're parents are the greatest most supporting parents ever. Dont let them get to you, OP. You're obviously successful and.you dont need their support to prove it.

I hate to be a grammar bitch but, your*

Actually, the right form of the word was used. You're means you are. So the sentence was you are successful. Hope this helped.

xStaciexLynnx 15
NiZZALooNY 9

That's a crock of shit. They need to be more supportive , but Congrats on the new job. definitely. You're going places :)

That's good for working at a hospital at 19!

Ibanez3x 5

As bad as it sounds, your parents might just be jealous of you having scored such a good job at your age. Of course I could be wrong, I really hope I am.

"Ok, I'll work at a bakery." "You just want access to donuts!" "Ok, I'll work at a McDonalds." "You just want access to those little ketchup packets!!" "Ok, I'll work at Staples." "You just want access to staples!" *facepalm*

Congrats and all the best with your new job! Don't let your family talk down your success!

You could have said mom dad I know in your day it was sex drugs and rock and roll so I'm learning from my heroes I love you both

eaglerob 20

I know how you feel, some parents are controlling, unsupportive asswagons that won't let you be happy.