Decisions, decisions

By Anonymous - 08/09/2019 02:00 - United States - Denver

Today my boyfriend, whom I haven't seen all summer, blew off our date to attend a local chili eating contest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 498
You deserved it 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thehaystackerine 20

It's definitely hotter than you... But seriously, did he invite you, if he did and you turned it down... YDI

Comments

Maybe he wanted to be a little hotter in the bedroom.

thehaystackerine 20

Is he a contestant or a spectator? Makes all the difference!

It's definitely hotter than you... But seriously, did he invite you, if he did and you turned it down... YDI

Would you want sexy time with him the next morning❔ Sounds like a win to me.

I hope there was a reason that prevented you from being able to see each other all summer long, otherwise that’s pretty weird to go that long without seeing your S/O

Pretty common with university or families who travel all summer. The real question is, was this the first chance to see each other since summer?

I'm going to assume that they still spoke/video'd the entire summer but a more face-to-face thing never happened. He obviously didn't feel lonely as they spoke often enough. Or maybe he is just a butthole. Or completely oblivious as to how important it was to OP. People do dumb shit all the time. OP should have joined in!

Sounds like he's just not that into you (more ways than one).... :-(

Well he's going to blow something else the next morning! Look, School, Life, Whatever, people stress out and do stupid shit. Maybe he's done this before to you, maybe it's something that he recently got into and didn't want to pass up the chance. I mean, if it was your life dream for a chili eating contest, would you not break it off too? Just because the reason is a little silly, doesn't make it bad. Did you join him? Contests like that don't last all evening! Not bashing OP, but holy cow sometimes you just need to let loose and do something so abnormal to feel normal again!

TxKitten79 10

Why didn't you go with him and make it a date? Then do something else in the next few days?

I hate to tell you this but if you haven't seen him all summer then maybe he's not your boyfriend.