By Anonymous - 25/08/2011 06:49 - United States

Today, I was the designated driver. On the way home with my drunk friends, they decide to give me a beer shower. I swerved, and was pulled over by a cop moments after. I was the only one arrested. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 134
You deserved it 3 486

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would think the real problem wasn't the swerving or beer smell but rather the open container. I don't know about Florida but the states I've been don't allow alcohol to be open in the car.

Comments

JustDannyG 0

That's what happens to responsible people surrounded by stupid immature people

Unless you refused the field sobriety tests and the breath test, and why would you---I doubt you were just arrested for a DUII or I just don't believe you were completely sober. Buzzed driving is drunk driving, a DD isn't the person who is least drunk. I just don't think this is the full story. Unless you're in some hick town, there is no way a cop can get away with arresting you for DUII without doing these tests---but others could be right it's not for DUII.

mercurieangel 0

More then likely it was open container which in many states you can get screwed for. Unless you are right and he had a couple drinks. Field sobriety tests should have been performed though if it wasn't arrest for open container. I agree there is more to the story.

I swear this was an episode of the Simpsons. I swear it.

cherryleaf23 7

That sucks, but I suppose they weren't arrested because they weren't driving.

And you call them friends OP? Real friends woulda been sitting in jail next to you saying "that was fun" or at least admitted what they did... There's more to the story than we're being told.

Burnbaby 0

He was probably an ass hole to the officer they have tons of little things they can tag on to the first violation if they choose to.

Icejza_DaChilla 7

YDI because you let your friends bring beer into the car... God invented the trunk for a reason

muchagente 5

god herself...? and i kept believing it was henry ford

Actually 34 is right. Everyone who is asking "how did you get arrested if you weren't drunk" is overlooking this obvious fact: Its illegal to have an 'open container' of beer in the car with you, even if you aren't drinking it. Obviously there were some open containers in the car for the dirver to get a beer shower!

muchagente 5

48: "the fact that it is illegal" might be true in your state, but not in the world wide web. in the country where i live there is no problem even about drinking a beer while driving (driving drunk gets you into severe trouble, though, but that's obviously not the same). the world is in fact larger and more colourful than your backyard.

Yea it's just a prime example of how shitty cops are in the united states. All they care about is money

Uh, 49, read the post. The OP is located in Florida! (Thats in the United States, BTW.) So I guess its great that your country allows people to drive around with a forty in each hand and their feet on the steering wheel, but that doesn't fly in the US. I know the laws of my own country and yours don't apply, thanks.

132 you way over exaggerated what he said he said in his country its not illegal to drive and drink a beer. And the reason it's not illegal to do so there is simply because people in Europe know how to control them selfs and people in the us simply can't.

Dude that sux to be u at leasdt it wasnt ur birthday

life2007 0

They wouldve have to give her/him a breathalyzer if it was DUI and this person not refusing the states test. If then the cops knew said person wasn't drunk it wouldve involved them maybe being nice and making everyone dump out the alcohol or give the driver a TOC ticket. I'm not 100% sure if TOC by itself is an arrestable offense and they couldve arrested the others for PI and TOC as well.

1. Take it to court... You'll get off. 2. Find some new friends. You were doing the right thing and they were assholes.