By Anon - 27/08/2015 08:37 - United States

Today, I was telling my coworker that I was considering quitting the shady, 50-shades-of-scum business we work at. He snitched to our boss, who quickly fired me on bullshit charges of incompetence, theft, and workplace bullying. I guess I'm not getting a good reference from him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 363
You deserved it 5 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mossyoak_kw 28

Never ever talk about things like this to a coworker, it's basically asking for them to snitch and start trouble.

Comments

Well, in a scum business you can reasonably expect to have scum coworkers! Why trust them?

You're better off OP. you couldn't trust your coworker or your boss.

You shouldn't want that reference anyway, but wrongful termination lawyers here you come.

Due to being fired and not quitting you're eligible for unemployment. Not the worst thing ever...

That's what i love about Canada, incompetence is not a valid reason to fire someone so bosses can't pull shit like that

At least they can't say anything bad about you to future employers. Unless you have them down as a character reference, if they are just listed in employment history, they can't say anything bad about you. Only facts. They can say you worked there, how long, etc. They can't say you got fired for all of that because there is probably no evidence, so you could actually sue them for saying negative things to a future employer.

ea247 20

well you were gonna quit anyway

why the shit would you tell your coworker? don't you know people can't keep their mouth shut?

At least op can mooo-ve on now to a job where his cow-orkers are not milking him for information to go charging to his bull-headed boss to grass him up. #42 I calf believe you would take advantage of someone's spelling mistake like that.