By Anon - 27/08/2015 08:37 - United States

Today, I was telling my coworker that I was considering quitting the shady, 50-shades-of-scum business we work at. He snitched to our boss, who quickly fired me on bullshit charges of incompetence, theft, and workplace bullying. I guess I'm not getting a good reference from him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 363
You deserved it 5 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mossyoak_kw 28

Never ever talk about things like this to a coworker, it's basically asking for them to snitch and start trouble.

Comments

LadyLuck93 20

Sometimes its just better to suck it up & deal with shit. Dont trust NOBODY especially when its about bosses & coworkers, worst mistake you can do. Next time just quit in peace & keep them opinions to yourself.

This is why I don't have a lot of work friends....they're all back stabbers I tell Ya! Especially if you have the job they want....any reason to make you sound bad to the pic, they'll jump at it! I know I may sound negative, but 27 years of work teaches you things about ppl! So when you meet someone who's nice and caring at work, it takes you by surprise!!

If what he's labelled on you is untrue, and they have no evidence for (I.e. Theft should have been reported, and previous warnings would have been given for incompetence etc), then chase him for I just dismissal. There's plenty of government support and agencies out there who can help you. in New Zealand, the law states that a boss must give first verbal, then written, then formal meeting. Each stage boss must have an open mind and be unbiased. If they breach any of those protocols, then company can be commercially illegal in terms of labour laws and fined heavily.

Yeah but this is in the United States. Laws about that are far more lax here.

YDI for talking about it in your workplace to a coworker which you should NEVER do. But then again, for your boss to charge you with all of that is bs. I hope that doesn't affect your next job! Now you know not to do that though.

It's hard to keep quiet about stuff like that but always advisable as you can't fully trust any co worker, in my opinion anyway.

He tacked on quite a few things there...which were probably not true...right?

Never tell your coworkers something like that! Sorry you got treated so badly though. That blows.

yenze 18

Maybe i am missing the point but why are you complaining you got fired if you were just going to quit anyway?

cause the next person who employs him will see that he got fired instead of quitting and it doesn't look good.

yenze 18

He called it a shady company i don't think he'd get a good reference either way.

That is why you keep your trap shut dumbass.