By Anonymous - 15/09/2009 18:18 - United States

Today, I found out that the reason I hadn't gotten pregnant yet was because my husband had a vasectomy after the birth of his son. He even had the nerve to continously tell me, "it'll happen soon, baby" and let me believe we were trying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 488
You deserved it 3 968

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is he the one who told you? Because if he's not, and if you're the extremely vengeful type, you should get pregnant (sperm bank or other method) and surprise him right back with the happy news.

Do what Jordan had Dr. Cox do on that one episode of Scrubs. Reverse vasectomy!

Comments

Do what Jordan had Dr. Cox do on that one episode of Scrubs. Reverse vasectomy!

Could you be a bigger ass right now? Could you *HAVE* a bigger ass right now?

Ree_rel 0

Yes, you can get a reversal, but it's no guarantee that it will work. I loved that episode. He got a vasectomy, she got pissed about it, so he got it reversed, then they decided he should get the vasectomy, so he got it done again.

3rdDegree 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Cox has it reversed himself because he feels bad about it, she doesn't make him.

Sounds like he needs to be castrated so the next woman can not be fooled. (I assume you dumped his ass)

ReturnOfTheRat 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And this makes him less of an asshole, how? You must be a man if you're siding with him. "He's getting laid till she gets pregnant" SMH. They've made a conscious decision to have a child, meaning they both agreed to stop using any kind of protection. He's a jerk and so are you for siding with him.

Really, #122? This makes him less of an asshole, how? Her heart was likely breaking every month, over and over, while he just led her on, believing they were trying to conceive. "He's getting laid till she gets pregnant" /facepalm

Sure, why not? He's not really using them anymore. You might as well use his scrotum as your own personal Hacky Sack. As he ages and they droop, you can use them for tetherballs.

kflaherty008 0

i would totally go with u being pregnant then just go with it n if he tries to deny "the baby" ask y would u deny it then get him to confess.

CDS09 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Really? This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard/read. They don't chop off your balls when you get a vasectomy. The "vasa deferentia" of a man is cut and then tied/sealed in a manner such to prevent sperm from being released when a man ejaculates. Aka "shooting blanks". Maybe you should pay attention in health class.

I'm pretty sure whoever posted the "no balls" comment knows this, #176. He was referring to him not being man enough to tell his wife he'd gotten snipped...NOT saying he'd literally had his balls cut off.

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

That's awful he wasn't truthful to you about something like that. Talk him into getting it reversed. That's unfair to you if he's lying about something like that.

no, he would've if he wants kids. Just talk him into not lying to you about that shit.

Is he the one who told you? Because if he's not, and if you're the extremely vengeful type, you should get pregnant (sperm bank or other method) and surprise him right back with the happy news.

lol yeah!! Tell him the good news! We will wait for his 'FML' then.

Better yet, get pregnant (via sperm bank) and tell him it isnt his. When he gets mad, tell him you know 'bout the vasectomy.

He could (and probably would) think she cheated on him and got pregnant because there was no way it was him... :/

I feel so bad for you!! I'd go to a sperm bank and create a super baby with someone elses sperm, don't tell your husband, and say he got you preggers.

That's overkill for revenge, he obviously doesn't want kids, and although he does deserve to be kicked in the balls for lying about that, making him help raise a baby for 18 years?

lmmmr 0

So why does she have to be the one to sacrifice what she wants in life? If she wants children, she shouldn't be denied that just because he disagrees. This is a conversation that needed to happen BEFORE marriage. Considering the husband clearly wasn't willing to have it at all, he gets the blame. FYL.

Actually, as long as they're still married and doesn't have any previous kids, yes she has to give up on that as long as he won't compromise, and if he's willing to lie to her the odds are he won't. If niether will compromise then they should get a divorce. He gets your hopes up for a few months and cruelly drops them, you make him help take care of a baby for 18 years. Seems like overkill for revenge. Although I do agree this conversation should've come up before marriage. Why someone would want a kid in the first place is beyond me, and why women seem to in general want kids more than men is even further beyond me (since they go through child birth), I'd personally rather get stabbed but different strokes for different (masochistic) folks :P

#125, how do you know it was for "a few months"? My husband and I tried for 3 YEARS, with me getting every test under the sun done for over a year, before we had him tested. He could well have been stringing her along for at least that long.

I'm sorry. =/ It sucks that he doesn't want you to have his baby.

No, it doesn't. That's life, it sucks that he lied to you about it.

I don't think anyone realizes that he did this for all the sex involved. That said, I'm really sorry that he did that to you, and I agree with 'loled1337', go to a sperm bank, and make him think it didn't work or that you cheated when you really didn't, and then tell him afterwards. THEN HE'LL KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE LIED TO!

That is such a horrible Idea. "I'll get you back! I'll get pregnant with a stranger (or looks-good-on-paper)'s sperm to get you back!"