By Lovelysister - 21/10/2009 23:21 - United States

Today, I texted my brother saying, "Always remember I love you! Never forget it!" to which he replied, "You better not be doing drugs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 017
You deserved it 9 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That doesn't sound like something somebody high would say, it sounds like something somebody about to jump off of something high would say.

Darling_Cherry 5

I can see why he would text that back to you. If my sister randomly texted me that I would think one of two things: she's high as a kite or she's about to off herself. You don't just randomly text someone like that. You have to warm up to it like have had a really great night out with the person...something that would make you reflect upon how much you care for a sibling, etc.

Comments

He probably wouldn't have replied like that unless you don't tell him you love him very often. YDI for not reminding your family you love them.

I agree, my brother sent me a text just a couple days ago at like 3 am saying "I love you little guy." I was convinced he was either drunk out of his mind or was going to do something drastic D:

:( That sucks. My brothers always insult me, or make fun of me so I'm convinced they don't love me. Families these days need to remind each other they love them daily atleast. I know a guy and his dad's only told him he loves him twice; once was via text. It's a sad world we live in.

liveBabylon 0

AHAHAH When I get high, or drunk I text everyone I now and blabber about how I love them soo much LOL. This isn't an FML you have a smart brother :)

americayay 0

He cares. That's a good thing.

zach055 23

If anyone sent me a text like that I would suspect drug use also

alliede88 0

I think it's the exclamations >.>

Kuroftw 0

This isn't even an FML, it belongs on MLIA.

If my sister sent a text like that I'd wonder too. Now tell us the truth, were you using drugs?

It was your punctuation that tipped him off.

wtf? i text like that all the time.........

You decided to show how much you love your family through a completely impersonal text message instead of telling it to his face, or calling him to tell him? The amount of love radiating from that hit me like a drunk driver. YDI. **** texting.

He may be in another country or far away, which in that case, texting is allowed. plus, a lot of people text instead of in person. Maybe she's embarrassed or nervous, there's not a lot of info in this FML.

You should only send that in certain cases. My sister is in Iraq, so if she sent me that I wouldn't mind, but on a normal day.. I don't know.

Darling_Cherry 5

I can see why he would text that back to you. If my sister randomly texted me that I would think one of two things: she's high as a kite or she's about to off herself. You don't just randomly text someone like that. You have to warm up to it like have had a really great night out with the person...something that would make you reflect upon how much you care for a sibling, etc.

Do you usually send your brother texts like that? xD If one of my siblings sent me that text, I would have asked them the same thing... Haha.

Doesn't really seem like a FML to me. Sounds more like sibling joking.