By Anonymous - 10/04/2009 01:15 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was reminded that I used by dad's camera all summer to take naked pictures for boyfriend when my dad sent me an email saying: "FYI: when you delete pictures directly off the camera they get uploaded as trash files when the camera is connected to the computer." He saw them all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 078
You deserved it 85 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shippicus 0

You're an idiot. Why would you use YOUR DAD's camera to take naked pics? YDI.

Today, I was reminded of a time I borrowed my grandpa's camera and later thought I was clever because I deleted the pics off the camera. Now I know those pics must have showed up later on his computer. FML

Comments

I've never owned my own camera and I'm 24... And I can imagine a camera that would keep deleted pictures. Some filesystems don't actually remove data when a file is deleted, they simply set a 'deleted' flag and hide them from view until space is needed. And I can imagine something like that being a feature in a camera, just in case someone deletes something they didn't mean to. It's the same concept as the Recycle Bin in Windows. FYL, OP...although not too hard if your dad is that nice about it.

420hiadventurer 0

Once again, another FML showing that you should not take naked pictures of yourself. YDI. #11- If you were her father you would email the pics to all her friends? Really? That would be a terrible thing to do as a father.

Spiffy 0

That's why you get your own camera!!!!!

WTF.. you're dad is a sick **** if he looked at all the pictures..

#19 There are digital camera's that have a "trash" folder in case you delete something accidentally. They get uploaded to your computer with your other folders. It's kind of silly, but there's a type of consumer that wants it. OP, that kind of sucks. Next time try to find the "format memory card" setting and it will get rid of everything on the memory card with no way back. Even photo's that are simply deleted can be found on a memory card again if nothing new is put on to it. . ... Also god, buy a camera for your nakedness. They cost next to nothing nowadays.

heytherexoxo 0

Whoa. What an idiot. Why in the hell would you have the nerve to use YOUR DAD'S camera in the first place? Just go buy your own. Or take the pictures with your BOYFRIENDS camera or phone. whatever. OR just don't take naked pictures period. He's your boyfriend. Show him the goods in person. Now you're dad probably thinks your a freak, there's no tellin how many times he's had that mental image of his little girl. Poor guy.

Oh well, it's not like your dad has never seen you naked before.

For everyone who is suggesting taking these kinds of pictures with a camera phone instead -- I think this is way dumber. For one thing, a lot more people have access to my phone than my camera on a daily basis, and while most of them are not rude enough to just go through someone else's shit, some people are. On the same vein, I show folks pictures from my phone pretty often, and I'd hate to be scrolling through and accidentally show my professor someone's johnson when I was just trying to show her my adorable cat. AND there's a better chance they will end up in someone's inbox you don't want them to -- it's pretty easy to accidentally send a picture via message on your phone, while it's pretty difficult to do the same thing "accidentally" on a computer. All around bad idea, I think...

#11, you would totally go to jail for that (assuming the OP is young, if she had to use her dad's camera, and a family computer). That kind of behavior when you're so young is dangerous, as even if the minor is the one taking her own pictures, she can be charged, and that could ruin her life.