By Jadwee96 - 02/01/2010 00:28 - Canada

Today, I was driving home from an airport. On the way home, I got a flat tire. Once I was outside the car I realized that I had accidentally locked the car with the keys inside. I was in the middle of nowhere 20 miles from anywhere and couldn't call for help since my phone was in the car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 728
You deserved it 6 762

Jadwee96 tells us more.

Jadwee96 8

okay i am just going to further explain what happened.. I was driving a friend's car that has a custom safety feature, so whenever you close the driver's door, it automatically locks. I didn't know this at the time as my friend forgot to tell me. And yes, I did manage to get out you smart alecks, meaning someone finally drove by after an hour standing in the cold. I didn't want to break his window since the car cost a lot of money because it is custom all of the parts are hard to get.

Top comments

rachexl 0

well, you obviously made it out of that situation fine since you could get online to post this.

betseyville 6

bust the ******* window open. YDI

Comments

betseyville 6

bust the ******* window open. YDI

Reyo 2

This. The cost it will take to fix your window might teach you to a) not lock your keys in the car and b) KEEP YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET. Jesus people it's not a hard concept...

I don't like blond guys. They're as blonde as the girls but they seem stupider.

desperate times call for breaking the window:D

STYLE_E 0

agree with #2 and #7 break the window

rachexl 0

well, you obviously made it out of that situation fine since you could get online to post this.

HEY! But the good news is that you made it home somehow and were able to get to your computer and post your story on FML!

How does one lock one's car whilst the keys are inside?

O.o You must not know cars very well... 1) Manually lock the door before slamming the door shut 2) Some cars autolock after you've closed the car door as a security feature

Well as 13 said. Though I'm confused why in such a situation the keys wouldn't be in ignition and if they were, how could it autolock? I'm sure she wouldn't manually lock it.