By Anonymous - 04/06/2009 11:11 - United States

Today, I was reading through a local wedding mag's advice page. A mother-in-law to be was writing about how to handle wanting her son to break off his engagement. I thought, "Wow. That must suck. I'm glad I like my mother-in-law to be." And then I saw her name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 804
You deserved it 3 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AliMarie 0

That sucks. I don't even know what I would do in that situation. My boyfriend's mom hates me. . wont even look at me when I walk in a room (for no reason at all). At least now you know she's two faced.

Its one of those mothers that will always be an issue. Don't let it get in the way of what matters to you and your fiance. She's too stupid to realize that she's done mothering and needs to let him go.

Comments

lithiem 0

I'm a guy, so for me, the mother in law thing is different. I was at work, talking with the secretary about one of her freinds who was having isues with her daughter getting married. then my mother in law walks in to tell me she needed stuff from my car, and the secretary looks up says 'hi Joan, we were jsut talking about you.'. Needless to say, it was tense for a day or so, until i sat down and asked her why, and what i could do to fix it. So she tells me 'Well, it's not so much you. it's the fact my daughters pregnant, out of wedlock, and it's not even yours'. It certainly sucks if your mother in law doesn't like you. but it might not be you that's making her unhappy with the engagement, and you might be able to fix things, if you just sit down with her and talk it out. I wasnt able to fix my relationship, but I'm still good friends with me once upon a time mother in law to be.

xocassylovesyou 0

God, most mother-in-laws will never like their daughter-in-laws because the girl will never be good enough for their son, under their standards. Grow up to ******* except it. **** her, for being dumb and not relizing no one is perfect... Especially not her son. **** your fiancé, for going against mommy's wishes. **** you, for caring. ---Cassy

Haha that sucksss!! My bf's parents like me but idr like his mom...she's kinda strange..and my dad doesn't like my bf. Oh well, that's life!

Ok um, how the hell do you know it's actually her? Do you realize there's probably a gazillion other people who have the same name as her ? I'm exaggerating a bit but you shouldn't just jump to conclusions.

Ohhhhhhh, I feel you. I was thinking about sharing my favorite MIL-moment on FML... Just don't know if she might see it or not.

Sciamach 0

My ex-fiance got convinced by his mom to end it with me. She told him I was a psycho and a pathological liar. Now, he "doesn't know" if he loves me. So it definitely happens. I just hope your fiance stands up for what he wants.

captainmaharet 1

Wow. Show that magazine to your fiance; you're gonna have a sucky family life if you don't address any and all issues before the wedding.