By Rosey - 23/07/2014 20:57 - United States - Manson

Today, I found out that my boyfriend's mother still calls his ex-girlfriend her "future daughter-in-law". FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 115
You deserved it 3 344

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sadly my ex-boyfriends mother does this, she still talks to me and has me as her daughter in law on Facebook. He has a new girlfriend now and I would never get back with him because he was abusive but I loved his family and actually feel bad for the girlfriend.

Wouldn't it be some shit if OP is your ex's new girlfriend lol.

Comments

Sadly my ex-boyfriends mother does this, she still talks to me and has me as her daughter in law on Facebook. He has a new girlfriend now and I would never get back with him because he was abusive but I loved his family and actually feel bad for the girlfriend.

Wouldn't it be some shit if OP is your ex's new girlfriend lol.

You can remove the tag that says how you're related. I get it's hard if you get on with the family, but you're inadvertently playing a role by leaving it there.

I've removed it from my Facebook but I cannot remove it from hers. Unless there's a way I don't know about.

Ahh, can only remove it if it's connected to your account. Really her son (or daughter, whichever), should tell their mother it's not OK. Same goes for OP actually - they should be willing to talk about it to the parent.

incoherentrmblr 21

Wouldn't it be crazy if #1 or #15 is the "future daughter-in-law(s)" of OP's boyfriend's family?...

Sorry that you have to deal with a bitchy mother-in-law, or else you're just really mean.. We'll probz never know but I will guess my first thought is more correct

Or maybe the mother-in-law had gotten close with his ex? It doesn't make her a bitch. It'll just make things a little harder for OP to bond with her.

Being close with the ex is one thing, calling her the future daughter in law is bitchy, and disrespectful to her son's relationship.

leeloo900 9
FrancesShiver 20

Why the hell is people thumping this down

cadillacgal79 32

Because it's so creative and original they can't handle it! -_- /sarcasm

FrancesShiver 20
FrancesShiver 20

What did I do wrong this time??

I don't know about your life, but it is possible she doesn't even know there has been a relationship change.

To clarify.. What I mean is that OP could have a boyfriend who doesn't tell his mom anything, or he could've just broken up with his ex and got with OP.

the fact it says still, probably indicates that they have been together for a while. but you might be right.

Well there are some people who are more dramatic, like those who would go "we just started dating and your best friend still doesn't know who I am?!"

slutfactory 17
meli1195 31

Monster-in-law strikes again!!

aruam365 24

Yes, because bitchy mother-in-laws are so like the leader of a horrific genocide that killed 5.5 million Jews and millions of other innocent people as well! That's an amazing comparison, so accurate. You have no idea how offensive that is! Don't you ever compare something so insignificant to the murderer of millions of people, in fact I think you should just refrain from speaking of it since you seem to have no grasp of it.

leeeeeetho 5

33, I think he was referring to how woman hitler can be spelled with the letters from the word mother in law...

aruam365 24

It's still not funny, at all.

aruam365 24

98% of both of my great grandparents families were murdered for being Jewish in World War II, so forgive me for finding no humor in that.

It's also getting a bit old. Every time there's an FML involving mother-in-laws someone posts this.