By lojo - 17/06/2009 04:02 - United States

Today, I was flying home to Milwaukee after a weekend in South Carolina. When I got to the airport, my reservation didn't match up with any flights. Turns out Expedia booked me on a flight that doen't exist. I spent ten hours waiting in the airport for a two hour flight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 475
You deserved it 3 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ahh omg did that happen to anyone else?? i mean there must have been a big confusion.. or were you at the right airport..? don't want another "ross/rachel season finale" incident here.

that sucks. some friends of mine were going to miss their flight and they got no answer at any of expedia's three numbers they called. they got stuck in prague had to spend a couple thousand to get home and couldn't get a refund. next time, dont book with expedia

Comments

at least you're from milwaukee. If you were from anywhere else it'd be a fyl jk :D

Really? What happened then, did you FLY THROUGH THE AIR MIRACULOUSLY?

FYL because Expedia is ******* retarded.

that sucks that happened to me too i was sitting in the airport of puerto rico crying because I HAD to get home ughh i hate airlines, planes airports EXPEDIA

f_u_c_kmylife 0

Haha are you from Milwaukee or Minnesota? Because the FML says "I was flying home to Milwaukee", but at the bottom, it says United States (Minnesota).

My_Life24 22

Minnesota rules! Born and raised!

Haha. That's why you book direct with the airline and not thru 3rd parties.

FAKE. Expedia doesn't book flights that just don't exist! Maybe, if this is real, your flight got cancelled or something... Did you ask if it got cancelled?

let's play 30 seconds on google (since i don't care enough to spend 20 minutes): a quick search on the first site that comes up (farecompare.com, in case you care) shows no direct flights from charleston (to pick any random airport in south carolina) to milwaukee. most of the flights involve a layover in chicago. charleston to o'hare int'l is already a little over a 2-hour flight. o'hare to milwaukee is a little under an hour. thus, your flight ought to have been three hours. not two. time fail. so either you have a super fast private jet, in which case you probably shouldn't have had to wait at the airport for it (definitely not for ten hours, anyway), or you suck at making up good fmls.

GrinningColossus 0
LoloA78 0

Milwaukee isn't in Minnesota. It's in Wisconsin.

annaattack 0

I live in South Carolina! :) Like an hour away from Myrtle Beach. It's great. Oh and, FYL.

baffledkitten 0

I'm a South Carolinian too! :D Except I'm about 20 minutes from Charleston, and I'm not as big a fan of this state. To the OP: Umm..are you sure you got the right Charleston when you booked your flight? I wouldn't have thought there were any other Charleston airports, but you never know. Also, inf1nite is right.. There are very few direct flights to/from Charleston (it's a tiiiiny airport), so you should've had a layover in Chicago or Detroit or somewhere, which means your flight would've been about 3 hours instead. I'm not calling fake, I'm just saying.