By Anonymous - 01/03/2013 16:35 - United States

Today, I received a chain-mail text that vividly described what "Tanya" would do to me in my sleep if I didn't forward it on. I'm so paranoid that I did just that. I also realized that accidentally forwarding such things to your boss can get you fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 968
You deserved it 51 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ydi for believing a chain mail actually affects your life.

HowAreYouToday 34

Comments

HowAreYouToday 34

My first thought too. Some FML's go past 'that's funny' and become 'you need to fix this.'

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
skulltorn 8

Without a job, I don't see how she could afford one.

I cant believe people still do text chains, I find it annoying to recieve

If you believe in chain mails.. You're too young for this site.

MrBrightside21 20

Or the ones that are like "Share if you like kittens! Keep scrolling if you worship the devil and like to eat baby pandas." **** you to all of you who put me in that position.

Those baby pandas were ******* delicious.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#70- If you don't like someone, why are they on your friends list or whatever on a social networking site?

Iknoweverything 29

IF YOU READ THIS, YOU'RE ALREADY CURSED! Re-post this comment three times on FML. If you don't, this scary dead chick Tanya will come to your house, and FOREVER CURSE YOU SO YOU CAN NEVER KEEP A JOB AGAIN! RE-POST THREE TIMES IN THE NEXT FOUR SECONDS, OR BE FIRED! (Sorry, just couldn't resist.)

49- this is Tanya. Sleep with one eye open tonight.

captainObviously 15

Yeah i agree, see a therapist if your in fear of random email spam.

chlorinegreen 27

75,Your younger cousin that posts crap all the time sending you spam thinking it will work but you can't really delete them unless you want to feel the wrath of your family when your cousin starts crying. Same goes for little nieces and nephews that really shouldn't have a social network profile but it's not your place to say.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#106- I'm assuming you mean if they post spam stuff and it shows up in your newsfeed. Well, you can make it so that their updates won't show up in your newsfeed, so you won't be bothered by it unless you actually go to their page. If you meant they actually tag you in the stuff and post it on your wall, then yeah, I don't know how to fix that besides disabling your wall.

Ydi for believing a chain mail actually affects your life.

Good thing Tanya decided you are okay because étouffée forwarded her email

Not sure why it changed you to that word...

fylx100 19

I thought Ducky meant to say that and I was just too stupid to know what it meant.

They do effect you... They shorten te amount of time you have to do fullfilling things woth your life.

Yeah, chain mail is complete BS. How is Tanya supposed to know everyone who read and forwarded the message?

Oddly enough, Duckie's spelling mistake is appropriate.

I got the same chain mail. I didn't forward it. Tanya ****** me all up.

I can't believe people still send out chain mail and, even worse, believe in that crap. It's as bad as getting an email where the prince is asking go borrow $5,000 and you'll get $20,000 a week after the prince receives your money. So pathetic!

2- of course chain mail affects your life what happens If you get shot with an arrow when you're not wearing it? You would die and then who would save the princess?

cmb8280 24

Ok, 27, 28 and 33 made me actually LOL

Fireashes250 16

If chain mail actually exists, I would have been murdered 87 times, been haunted 24 times, my family died 51 times, and I would have been kissed 36 times. Maybe I was exaggerating, but chain mail is still ******* stupid.

Hey at least you don't have to worry about Tanya now.

wlddog 14

Unless that was the curse that got her fired. What if OPs boss got burned by Tanya in the past???

Stupidity should hurt, and passing on chain mails is damn stupid.

Sinamoi 18

Unless, of course, you're a knight. Then chainmail is awesome.

But if you're a knight then why would you want to pass on a chain mail to someone else? You'd need it.

I didn't know people still fell for these... You are quite the idiot, my dear!

A lot of people fall for those. you see them all over facebook. It's sad how many people actually believe such a made up story.

KVKdragon 26

Please do not bring religion into that comparison. It isn't morally right or funny

Ah, 'tis true... I didn't think about that! I was thinking along the lines of text and e-mail, but that makes sense. I haven't seen chain mail other than on Facebook in years. But along with OP, they, too, are a bunch of morons.

vadaaa 11

I'm assuming you're a grown adult. Why were you forwarding a chain mail? Come on, OP. Those things were scary back in 2004.

Pfft no they weren't. My friend thought I was crazy when he texted me something similar back in the 8th grade and I texted him back "that bitch can get at me."

OhhhMaryy 12

lol those things are never real, now Tanya isn't gonna come get you, but you don't have a job now. smh

vadaaa 11

Congratulations on solving that mystery.

Bob_Cat_fml 14

Wow. All my life I couldn't believe people like you actually existed. I thought no human being over age 8 could possibly believe this kind of crap.

Bubbelz 25

YDI for forwarding and contributing to spam and future spam. Never do it again. Tip: tell your boss it was a virus.

hooligyn123 18

I'd totally agree with your suggestion. But if OP meant text as in text message, probably a lot harder to do. Blame it on a friend with your phone?

Why is this categorized as intimacy?

Now we now what "Tanya" was gonna do in the middle of the night.